Really confused Iphone user from 1-5 - need a change, is the DNA the answer?

YankeeMike

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've had the Iphone since the 1st ever edition to the latest and I'm flat out sick of Apple. It's simplistic, it's boring and quite frankly the screen is too small for what I pay in Data a month.

The DNA screen is amazing, but is there something better coming out? should I wait? anyone here think the S4 is gonna top the DNA?

My concern about the DNA is the battery. Right now with my Iphone it's on at 8am and dies at 2:15 pm daily. It's an absolute piece of garbage.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I assume you don't have the DNA yet.

Currently, the DNA is the best Verizon phone, but the S4 will top it and will be coming out soon.

As far as battery, I can't speak from personal experience but based on others' experiences its battery is adequate. The S4, however, will have much better battery life, with the same screen size and resolution but a 2600 mAh battery as opposed to the DNA's 2020 mAh battery.

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I've came from an iPhone5 and recently switched to the DNA, you will most than likely not have a dead battery at 2:15 with it unplugged at 8am. with iphone the battery was awful. DNA's battery can be impressive depending how much you use it during the day, I got through 16-20 with moderate use, two days with light to moderate use. I'm sure a good 12-14 on heavy usage, and that's with GPS on all the time, WiFi on when needed, I turn it off when I'm not needing WiFi. Screen about 25%. Bluetooth is off, only on when needed.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Stormchaser is right on. The battery does very good on the DNA, this is an all around great phone.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

YankeeMike

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Currently, the DNA is the best Verizon phone, but the S4 will top it and will be coming out soon.

As far as battery, I can't speak from personal experience but based on others' experiences its battery is adequate. The S4, however, will have much better battery life, with the same screen size and resolution but a 2600 mAh battery as opposed to the DNA's 2020 mAh battery.
Will the S4 have the bright screen that the DNA has? because that S3 screen is garbage.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with the s3 screen? If you're talking about amoled screen tech and being pentile? The s4 has the same screen tech. But I love how clear my s3 looks. I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's still HD.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
HECK YES!!! ITS A GREAT ANSWER......I paid 49.99 from amazon, shop around for the best price, the screen is awesome. My battery use is pretty heavy, lots of games, browsing and you tube. I get 12hours normally. I love the wireless charging. I have the nokia charger. This is the best phone I have had yet. hth Josh

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the DNA after having every iPhone. It's a nice change and the screen is awesome. Although you may want to wait for the S4? I agree about the S3 screen.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You can always wait for the next great phone however there will be a new next great phone right after that. You can wait forever and always wonder about the next one or you can make the jump and grin every time that bright, big DNA screen lights up before your eyes.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Doesn't the Note II have better specs overall? I didn't go for it because it was way too big, and the DNA looks better. I haven't even really been bothering with the internals of the phones lately because there isn't anything I would run that would truly stress my phone. As long as its snappy through the OS I don't really care about benchmarks and overclocking. (When I had the Moto Droid 1 that was a different story ;)

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't the Note II have better specs overall? I didn't go for it because it was way too big, and the DNA looks better. I haven't even really been bothering with the internals of the phones lately because there isn't anything I would run that would truly stress my phone. As long as its snappy through the OS I don't really care about benchmarks and overclocking. (When I had the Moto Droid 1 that was a different story ;)

No! DNA has a quad core processor and a 1080p 5 inch display.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

1080p screen, better processor (S4 Pro)

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I've read that Verizon is killing off the DNA in favor of the HTC One. My upgrade date isn't until July. The One sounds great except it can't do inductive charging and I **REALLY** want a phone with inductive charging. I guess I'll have to wait and see what's available when my upgrade date arrives. I had my mind made up to get the DNA. Now that the SIM card issue is (supposedly) fixed it's looking better and better.

Maybe I'll have to end up getting the DNA from Amazon or somewhere other than Verizon. I wonder if COSTCO will still have it then. Of course I could always go with the S4... Sigh......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane