Gps navigation issues

UseAndroid86

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For the last few months I've been having some annoying issues with the Google navigation on my phone. It won't recognize my home address sometimes. It will take me way out of my way to get somewhere. It will have me get off a road go through a neighborhood then get back on the same road.(no traffic issues in those areas either) so I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing these types of things. I've went into the settings and all I saw is the option to avoid highways or tolls. Sorry if this topic is in the wrong place.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
For the last few months I've been having some annoying issues with the Google navigation on my phone. It won't recognize my home address sometimes. It will take me way out of my way to get somewhere. It will have me get off a road go through a neighborhood then get back on the same road.(no traffic issues in those areas either) so I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing these types of things. I've went into the settings and all I saw is the option to avoid highways or tolls. Sorry if this topic is in the wrong place.

Factory restore it then check mark restore back up from google account.

UseAndroid86

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay will do. I'll post in a couple days a difference or not. Thanks for the reply

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You might consider going into the app and clearing just the navigation data/cache.. factory reset is a bit of a big hammer approach.
go to apps find navigation (and google maps) longpress them clear the data/cache areas

UseAndroid86

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I did clear out the cache and data and uninstalled all updates. I didn't reset my phone. I think that would be a little too extreme in my opinion. I did ''reset'' the maps. I'll start with that and see if that helps. So far it does recognize my home address and going to a new address today seemed to be correct. So maybe it was that simple of a fix. Thanks for the responses so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC