I need help with dilemma on choosing a phone

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
How is battery life on the DNA? I'm thinking about upgrading my Verizon line, and since they're not getting the One anytime soon, the DNA is at the top of my list.

I've had nothing but excellent battery life with my DNA. I unplugged at 8am this morning. It's 715pm(pacific time) and I just plugged in cuz I was gaming. In other words. Awesome

Adding my 5sense

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I don't think any of those can be considered "more advanced" features. They are just different. Also, the DNA also has image stabilization.

One more thing, carrier options aren't considered features. At least in my opinion.

Anyways, I agree with Sicario666. I don't see a need a jump over to the One from our phone if it was on Verizon.

I agree with you as well. I think the s3 is a high class device but nowhere close to the DNA. I would go back to one if I needed to but not by choice.

Adding my 5sense

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had nothing but excellent battery life with my DNA. I unplugged at 8am this morning. It's 715pm(pacific time) and I just plugged in cuz I was gaming. In other words. Awesome

Adding my 5sense
That's excellent for a 4G smartphone, in my opinion. Are you satisfied with the DNA overall?
I agree with you as well. I think the s3 is a high class device but nowhere close to the DNA. I would go back to one if I needed to but not by choice.

Adding my 5sense
True. I don't think you can beat HTC's built quality. Plus Sense is way better than TouchWiz, and I've heard the camera is better too. On my AT&T line I have the HTC One X+, does anyone know if the DNA has the same camera?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
That's excellent for a 4G smartphone, in my opinion. Are you satisfied with the DNA overall?

True. I don't think you can beat HTC's built quality. Plus Sense is way better than TouchWiz, and I've heard the camera is better too. On my AT&T line I have the HTC One X+, does anyone know if the DNA has the same camera?

Yes I am. Extremely satisfied with it.

Yes. Sense is way better than TW. Camera it is awesome. I've always liked the camera hardware that HTC builds in. I can't say anything about the one x+ though.

Adding my 5sense

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Samsung S 3 have more advance features than HTC DNA like

Carrier: AT&T Wireless,Sprint,T-Mobile,U.S. Cellular,Cricket
Sensor: Barometer
Camera Options:Image Stabilization
Interfaces: USB
Memory:
In Removable Memory:
MicroSD,MicroSDHC
This are the missing things in HTC DNA up to my knowledge
I would just wait for the S4,the screen alone i would take the DNA over the S3/note 2,

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am. Extremely satisfied with it.

Yes. Sense is way better than TW. Camera it is awesome. I've always liked the camera hardware that HTC builds in. I can't say anything about the one x+ though.

Adding my 5sense

That's good. I'm really considering purchasing one as an upgrade for my Verizon line. I just have to force myself to give up my unlimited data! Does the camera have the ability to shoot pictures while recording a movie? And does the MHL out work on the DNA? I know on my DINC4G it doesn't, but my One X+ it does.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
That's good. I'm really considering purchasing one as an upgrade for my Verizon line. I just have to force myself to give up my unlimited data! Does the camera have the ability to shoot pictures while recording a movie? And does the MHL out work on the DNA? I know on my DINC4G it doesn't, but my One X+ it does.

Ok. I'm not sure about taking pictures while recording. I know that when you watch the clip you can snap pictures there. I can test the live picture option

Update. You can do both:thumbup:...shoot pictures while recording and after when you're watching it.

MHL... I don't know what that is.

You know you don't have to lose that unlimited data even when getting it at a subsidized price,right? There's a loophole trick. It will only work if you have an additional basic line on your account.

Adding my 5sense

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I'm not sure about taking pictures while recording. I know that when you watch the clip you can snap pictures there. I can test the live picture option

Update. You can do both:thumbup:...shoot pictures while recording and after when you're watching it.

MHL... I don't know what that is.

You know you don't have to lose that unlimited data even when getting it at a subsidized price,right? There's a loophole trick. It will only work if you have an additional basic line on your account.

Adding my 5sense

Great, I find being able to shoot pictures while recording to be useful. The MHL is the HDMI out via the microUSB port. I forget what MHL actually stands for though. But i just looked it up and it says that the DNA does support MHL. Yes, I know about the loophole. However I'm on an individual plan and don't use much data anyway since I can't use my phone while at work, and typically use WiFi at home. By the way, thanks for trying out the picture/video capability.

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
just had to say it if it hadent been said already...wow darling...

If you read that post carefully you will see most people are on phone #1. Few isolated instances with blue tooth problems and phone covers peeling. There seems to only be a few people with serious issues. Just saying.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
...clip... I love my phone. I chose between the DNA and the note 2, and I wouldn't go back if given the chance. My husband has the note 2 and I HATE it, primarily because of touchwiz and ....clip.... In my instance, I did not want a phablet or a Samsung device. I wanted size, but not too bulky, and a sharp screen. The DNA was the first phone on the market with a 1080p display, and remains the only one on the market until the official release of the ONE on the US market.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Hello Jennifer,
Perhaps you could help me out here?:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-note-2/283075-ive-never-been-torn.html

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I will state once again that the thread in which you are linking is about refurbished units. HTC has no control over the quality of refurbished units issued through Verizon or Assurion. HTC droid DNAs can be returned and replaced by refurbs for a variety of reasons. Cracked screens, bent bezels, dead pixels, burnt out lights, broken charger ports. These are all viable problems with any phone type. The note 2 is too big for the op, like they said, and they are trying to choose between the s3 and the DNA. I advised that the DNA is a great device. I have no experience with s3 and therefore cannot comment on it. I stick to my advice that between the s3 and the DNA, that the DNA is a spectacular device and I would choose it again.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
As one who went though 5 DNA refurb replacements and has spoken to several Verizon supervisors one comment stayed consistent with each one, the refurbs come from HTC as factory replacements. I even tried to directly get HTC to give me a new phone and they said they only replace with refurbs. That is why this once loyal HTC customer has a new S4 in his pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance