I need help with dilemma on choosing a phone

bmanzella527

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a i5 cause I got it as a gift and I hate it and wanna go back to android.
I have two trades lined up

I have - Black galaxy S3 + 150
Or
DNA + 80

I could get a note but its too big. It's just way to much phone. I'm so stuck on these two.

Reasons why I want DNA
I LOVE SENSE
I LOVE SCREEN
AMAZING BUILD QUALITY
I like htc
5 screen is perfect size for me
Fast phone

WHY I DOUT THE DNA
I get mixed reviews on the dna battery
11gb of storage is scary to me even though I only use 8 right now

Why I want the s3
Fast phone
Touch wiz is bearable
Better camera (not really important to me)
Fast phone
Well developed for rooting
Sd card slot
Bigger battery

Why I don't want a s3
It's plastic
Touch wiz looks ugly
Screen is not as good as dna
It's pentile

I need help :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a i5 cause I got it as a gift and I hate it and wanna go back to android.

Or
DNA + 80

I could get a note but its too big. It's just way to much phone. I'm so stuck on these two.

Reasons why I want DNA
I LOVE SENSE
I LOVE SCREEN
AMAZING BUILD QUALITY
I like htc
Fast phone

WHY I DOUT THE DNA

Why I want the s3
Fast phone
Touch wiz is bearable
Fast phone
Sd card slot
Bigger battery

Why I don't want a s3
It's plastic
Touch wiz looks ugly
It's pentile

I will try to help....
Liking or disliking a phone because of the launcher is a lame reason. There are other launchers on Play, free to download, and are so much better than stock.
HTC does have very good build quality, however there are polymers (plastics) that outperform steel. Not these, however.
The argument of screen quality of pentile or not has always confused me. I need to use a magnifying glass to see the imperfections on my S3 display. So for me, that is a crap argument.
I like having an SD card slot for my music, photos, and videos so that I can use my internal memory for things like apps that I can't force to my SD card. No SD slot is a dealbreaker for me.

So, it comes down to what do YOU want in your phone? What is it that is the most important thing for you?

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I came from a HTC one v, I was already used to sense. The internal storage was no big deal, this DNA screen is so nice to look at. I love my DNA, never cared about rooting or changing anything. I have rooted other phones this one is just so easy to use. Just my opinion...the battery is just no issue for me, I get 10-12 hrs. Wireless charging is sweet...s3's don't have that.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The battery on the DNA is fine - I think a lot of people see the size and make a judgement. I really like that some sites are now doing soak tests or other things that are standard to test the time to drain a battery. In light to moderate use, I can go a day and a half, sometimes more off the charger. If I am using it it heavy, then maybe I will have to stick it on a charger once during the day. I can get 4-5 hours of screen on time during one charge - I am not sure how much longer one expects unless using a Maxx.

I had a Galaxy Nexus prior to the DNA. The radios were terrible - in my house I couldn't get a signal, but now I get two bars of 4G on the DNA. Personally, this gives me pause on another Samsung phone. But, they have sold a ton of S3's so perhaps they are better than the GNex.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the screen quality is not important to you but unless you are blind the DNA sceen at 1920x1080p 441 ppi is hands down superior to the amlod display on the s3/note2,brighter more realistic image,no magnifying glass needed.but people saying they cannot tell the difference makes me think they need their eyes checked.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

Or
DNA + 80

Reasons why I want DNA
I LOVE SENSE
I LOVE SCREEN
AMAZING BUILD QUALITY
I like htc
Fast phone

WHY I DOUT THE DNA

Why I want the s3
Fast phone
Touch wiz is bearable
Fast phone
Sd card slot
Bigger battery

Why I don't want a s3
It's plastic
Touch wiz looks ugly
It's pentile

Get whatever phone feels the best in your hands. The DNA is loaded to the teeth with premium hardware. The look and feel of the DNA are great. The DNA also has much beefier internal hardware.

The battery life on the DNA is alright. I use mine moderately, shooting off emails and texting all throughout the day. It gets to about 25% after being at work for 12 hours. However, I am always near a wall outlet or computer, so keeping the DNA charged is never an issue for me.

Good luck making your choice. The DNA is an awesome looking phone. However, the support for the S3 is very strong, which makes it a viable candidate as well because there are really amazing developers constantly tinkering with it.

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

Or
DNA + 80

I could get a note but its too big. It's just way to much phone. I'm so stuck on these two

Reasons why I want DNA
I LOVE SENSE
I LOVE SCREEN
AMAZING BUILD QUALITY
I like htc
Fast phone

WHY I DOUT THE DNA

Why I want the s3
Fast phone
Touch wiz is bearable
Fast phone
Sd card slot
Bigger battery

Why I don't want a s3
It's plastic
Touch wiz looks ugly
It's pentile

Show some common sense and go with the Note2 , all you have to do is scroll these forums to realize that buying an htc product and more specifically buying a dna is a huge mistake.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Show some common sense and go with the Note2 , all you have to do is scroll these forums to realize that buying an htc product and more specifically buying a dna is a huge mistake.

Please tell me where buying an HTC, or in your words, more specifically a DNA, is a huge mistake? I love my phone. I chose between the DNA and the note 2, and I wouldn't go back if given the chance. My husband has the note 2 and I HATE it, primarily because of touchwiz and some of the weird problems it has like inability to connect to play store, screen rotation, and radio/speaker issues. And it is god awfully ugly in an otterbox. It would be a nice device without the problems, but I would have to install all third party apps to actually enjoy the phone. Choosing a phone has nothing to do with common sense and everything to do with preference. In my instance, I did not want a phablet or a Samsung device. I wanted size, but not too bulky, and a sharp screen. The DNA was the first phone on the market with a 1080p display, and remains the only one on the market until the official release of the ONE on the US market.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Please tell me where buying an HTC, or in your words, more specifically a DNA, is a huge mistake? I love my phone. I chose between the DNA and the note 2, and I wouldn't go back if given the chance. My husband has the note 2 and I HATE it, primarily because of touchwiz and some of the weird problems it has like inability to connect to play store, screen rotation, and radio/speaker issues. And it is god awfully ugly in an otterbox. It would be a nice device without the problems, but I would have to install all third party apps to actually enjoy the phone. Choosing a phone has nothing to do with common sense and everything to do with preference. In my instance, I did not want a phablet or a Samsung device. I wanted size, but not too bulky, and a sharp screen. The DNA was the first phone on the market with a 1080p display, and remains the only one on the market until the official release of the ONE on the US market.

Here you go darling, you won't find any threads like this on the N2 forums but I'm sure you'll find plenty on the blunderbolt and just about every other htc forum.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ow-many-times-has-your-dna-been-replaced.html

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

so the only positive is the 1080 display , you do realize that a 1080 display makes no sense at all on a device that size?

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Here you go darling, you won't find any threads like this on the N2 forums but I'm sure you'll find plenty on the blunderbolt and just about every other htc forum.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ow-many-times-has-your-dna-been-replaced.html

So, I completely understand that you had a bad experience with the Thunderbolt, but is it really necessary to troll this forum? Every phone model has its share of problems. Hell, at this point I'm probably a poster child for someone who should hate this phone with how many refurbished replacements I've had thanks to Verizon's B.S. "100-point inspection process", but after using the phone in general for this many months, I still would recommend it.

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
So, I completely understand that you had a bad experience with the Thunderbolt, but is it really necessary to troll this forum? Every phone model has its share of problems. Hell, at this point I'm probably a poster child for someone who should hate this phone with how many refurbished replacements I've had thanks to Verizon's B.S. "100-point inspection process", but after using the phone in general for this many months, I still would recommend it.

It's bad enough that htc put the blunderbolt owners through hell but now the exact same problems have apparently shown up on the dna. All this proves is that htc really doesn't care and will continue to peddle their 2nd rate product at a premium price until the consumer wises up and says enough is enough.

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It's bad enough that htc put the blunderbolt owners through hell but now the exact same problems have apparently shown up on the dna. All this proves is that htc really doesn't care and will continue to peddle their 2nd rate product at a premium price until the consumer wises up and says enough is enough.

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Wha toro lens were there with the Thunderbolt?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Gotta love the phone homers....If I own it, it must be the best and everything else is crap.
Now repeat after me, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000