Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MUTE during calls?

Greetings everyone,

I have a persistent issue with my DNA - constantly finding it to be on MUTE during calls. Even if I do not move it away from my ear it seems to mute itself and I am finding my customer saying "Are you there?" Thought it might be the proximity sensor being covered by screen protector, so I removed the screen protector... same problem... any thoughts?

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Default Re: MUTE during calls?

I don't have any issues with my phone calls being muted automatically. When I'm on conference calls for work, I typically put it on speaker and mute/unmute as needed. But I don't work around anyone else so it's easy for me to do that.

I have the same problem. They sent me another phone but it is doing the same thing. I am so over it and will be taking it to the sprint store again . Would love to see other posts from people having the same problem.. anyone out there ?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Lawyer View Post
    I have the same problem. They sent me another phone but it is doing the same thing. I am so over it and will be taking it to the sprint store again . Would love to see other posts from people having the same problem.. anyone out there ?
    You must be on the wrong forum...the DNA is a Verizon wireless exclusive...

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

ROM
    CM10.2

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetMedic View Post
    Greetings everyone,

I have a persistent issue with my DNA - constantly finding it to be on MUTE during calls. Even if I do not move it away from my ear it seems to mute itself and I am finding my customer saying "Are you there?" Thought it might be the proximity sensor being covered by screen protector, so I removed the screen protector... same problem... any thoughts?
    You know what, I had this issue A LOT on my Motorola Droid 1 way back when. Honestly, there was nothing I could do about it, the screen was constantly activating when I was talking. Try calibrating the G-sensor under 'Display' in settings. I'm not sure if the phone uses that in tandem with the proximity sensor to shut the screen off during a call, but its worth a shot. I was never able to fix this on my Droid 1 and had to live with it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetMedic View Post
    Greetings everyone,

I've found that sometimes my cheek will activate the mute during a call if I move the phone away from my face and back, but my more persistant problem is moving the phone away from my face and the screen will remain black. So when I press the power button to wake it and end a call, the screen will promptly power back off. It can take me four or five tries to end a call. But that's really only when I am using speaker or multitasking while using voice.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA