Clearing cache

buford07

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to clear the cache like you do on the RAZR Maxx? Phone off, and hold down volume up and down and power button?
Sent from my DROID DNA

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to clear the cache like you do on the RAZR Maxx? Phone off, and hold down volume up and down and power button?
Sent from my DROID DNA
Got this from someplace on the net
To boot your Motorola Droid Razr Maxx into recovery, regardless of your version of Android, follow these steps.
1.Power Off the Droid Razr Maxx in the normal way, by pressing the power button and selecting ?power off.? If that doesn?t work, you can hold down the two volume buttons (yes, both up AND down) and then hold in the power button. The screen will go blank after a second and then you can let go of the power button.
2.Now, press and hold both volume buttons again, but this time press and hold the power button, too.
3.When you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu let go of all the buttons.
4.Press the volume down to select Recovery and then press Volume Up.
5.From the screen with the half-dead looking Android guy, press volume up and volume down again (yep, same time).
6.Use the volume up and volume down buttons to navigate the menus, and the power button to make your selection.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Does this work on the DNA though?

Sent from my DROID DNA

1.Power the device off.
Press the Power button then select Power off.
If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up/Down then press and hold Power button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to hold Volume Up/Down, proceed with step 3.
2.Press and hold Volume Down then press the Power button.
3.When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
4.Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
5.From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up/Down.

drbiker

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I follow up through step 4
After selecting Recovery Mode, the volume up button doesn't do anything except for move the selection block to "Fastboot".
I have to press the power button to select recovery mode.
Then I get a big red triangle with an exclamation point in the middle on top of an image of the phone.
Holding the up and down volume buttons simultaneously does nothing.
Am I doing something wrong?

(P.S. My original problem is that my Gmail is no longer syncing/This coincides with periodic messages saying that Google+ has stopped. - any other suggestions also appreciated).

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
1.Power the device off.
Press the Power button then select Power off.
If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up/Down then press and hold Power button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to hold Volume Up/Down, proceed with step 3.
2.Press and hold Volume Down then press the Power button.
3.When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
4.Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
5.From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up/Down.

For my future reference and for anyone else who needs to know...

From the Droid Recovery screen:

Hold Volume Up and then tap the power button. This opens up the menu that allows you to clear the cache. Scroll with the volume buttons and select with the power button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC