Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mclarryjr
  • 1 Post By Jennifer Stough
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jdtftp1's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

    Default Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    I had the dna then when the note 2 came out I jumped to that. After having it a while I got frustrated with the hugeness of the phone so I traded for a dna and 150 cash. I just really like the feel of the dna in my hand. Yes I dont get as good of battery life but it isnt horrible... Gets me thru the workday easily and then some and I am a HEAVY user. Just wondered if I was the only one who did the jump.. IF you did it also what was your reasoning behind the move
  2. #2  
  3. #3  
    mclarryjr's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,766 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    I didn't have a note but did play around with it before getting the DNA. I too made my decision mainly because the DNA feels so good in your hand while the note was a little to wide for my taste. I think both device are great and depending on an individual's taste either one would work.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Jennifer Stough likes this.
  4. #4  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    I didn't have a note but did play around with it before getting the DNA. I too made my decision mainly because the DNA feels so good in your hand while the note was a little to wide for my taste. I think both device are great and depending on an individual's taste either one would work.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Said everything I would have said

    Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    mclarryjr likes this.
  5. #5  
    Bobbman's Avatar

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    Quote Originally Posted by PitbullJunkee View Post
    I had the dna then when the note 2 came out I jumped to that. After having it a while I got frustrated with the hugeness of the phone so I traded for a dna and 150 cash. I just really like the feel of the dna in my hand. Yes I dont get as good of battery life but it isnt horrible... Gets me thru the workday easily and then some and I am a HEAVY user. Just wondered if I was the only one who did the jump.. IF you did it also what was your reasoning behind the move
    Will be doing the same this week. How is it working for you? The sim card issues have me a bit worried. Are you missing the Note 2?
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness / Iphone 5s (had to try) / LG3 (it might be love but will a Note 4 break us up?)
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    I'm actually thinking of picking up a note 2 to see which of the two I like better. I found one for $300, so I figured even if I hate it I can sell it for profit. The thing that scares me with the note is it is noticeably bigger than the dna, and I can barely use the dna one handed. Also, I'm not a fan of touch wiz. We will see how it goes but, I'm already guessing that I'll be driving with the DNA
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    I'm actually thinking of picking up a note 2 to see which of the two I like better. I found one for $300, so I figured even if I hate it I can sell it for profit. The thing that scares me with the note is it is noticeably bigger than the dna, and I can barely use the dna one handed. Also, I'm not a fan of touch wiz. We will see how it goes but, I'm already guessing that I'll be driving with the DNA
    Yeah, if you want to use the phone one handed and the DNA is almost your limit, the N2 is going to be too big. The DNA isn't my limit, but I can't use the N2 one handed. I love it anyway. That screen is worth it.
  8. #8  
    Bobbman's Avatar

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    I'm actually thinking of picking up a note 2 to see which of the two I like better. I found one for $300, so I figured even if I hate it I can sell it for profit. The thing that scares me with the note is it is noticeably bigger than the dna, and I can barely use the dna one handed. Also, I'm not a fan of touch wiz. We will see how it goes but, I'm already guessing that I'll be driving with the DNA
    The Note 2 is sweet..but just a little too big and a bit too heavy...not a good summer phone (other than the awesome battery)
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness / Iphone 5s (had to try) / LG3 (it might be love but will a Note 4 break us up?)
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    I have both. I use the DNA over my note 2 and will put it up on eBay soon to sell so I can buy the s4 off contract. I'm not a fan of the screen size of note and the only reason I go to it is days I know ill be away from a charger longer because the battery is pretty beastly.

    Only reason I have both is I too couldny decide what I wanted so I just kept both and figured I'd weigh my options out over time. Build,camera,style,feel of the dna I prefer over note. Only thing over the dna note has for me atleast was battery that is it.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  
    zhelf's Avatar
    Zombie

    Posts
    719 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    i haven't made the jump yet but im certainly debating it i have the note 2 now and im leaning towards the DNA or the razr maxx hd because the size while i love the screen is becoming just too much and im a big guy so its certainly not a phone for one handed use.

    Reasons why i love the note 2
    screen!!!!
    fast!
    camera is good
    battery life is good

    reasons why i dislike the note 2:
    too large
    plastic build materials make it feel flimsy and cheap

    Reasons why i like the dna:
    build quality
    screen size
    sense

    dislike the dna
    lack of removable storage!
    i hate htc power buttons they always sit basically flush and it drives me nuts little issue but i know it will bug me
    also the plethora of negative issues has me concerned

    why i like the razr maxx hd
    build quality
    battery
    signal strength
    removable storage

    dislike
    camera
    only dual core and specs are slightly dated

    so thats my thoughts in a nut shell i have about 3 more days to decide if im going to keep my note 2 or jump to one of the others because if i dont decide i think im going to have to return it and go back to my iphone and wait out the decision and i dont want to do that lol
  11. #11  
    Bobbman's Avatar

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    I just switched. Today is day 1 with DNA. So Far so good. The size and fell is awesome compared to the Note 2. Much lighter also. Battery not sure yet. Camera seems almost as good as Note 2's but not as good (especially indoors). Screen on DNA is better. Sound reception is about the same...maybe a pinch better on the DNA. Good luck!!
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness / Iphone 5s (had to try) / LG3 (it might be love but will a Note 4 break us up?)
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    Quote Originally Posted by zhelf View Post
    i haven't made the jump yet but im certainly debating it i have the note 2 now and im leaning towards the DNA or the razr maxx hd because the size while i love the screen is becoming just too much and im a big guy so its certainly not a phone for one handed use.

    Reasons why i love the note 2
    screen!!!!
    fast!
    camera is good
    battery life is good

    reasons why i dislike the note 2:
    too large
    plastic build materials make it feel flimsy and cheap

    Reasons why i like the dna:
    build quality
    screen size
    sense

    dislike the dna
    lack of removable storage!
    i hate htc power buttons they always sit basically flush and it drives me nuts little issue but i know it will bug me
    also the plethora of negative issues has me concerned

    why i like the razr maxx hd
    build quality
    battery
    signal strength
    removable storage

    dislike
    camera
    only dual core and specs are slightly dated

    so thats my thoughts in a nut shell i have about 3 more days to decide if im going to keep my note 2 or jump to one of the others because if i dont decide i think im going to have to return it and go back to my iphone and wait out the decision and i dont want to do that lol
    I have had all three. I am currently using the DNA and prefer it out of the three.
    Note 2 , too big for me, don't like the feel or touchwiz
    Maxx HD , hardware is great, software way too laggy
    DNA , perfect for me.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  
    Jaredshoes's Avatar

    Posts
    462 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    I was debating on the note 2 or the DNA and in the end chose the DNA I Like the note 2 and the screen size is cool It's impossible for me to use 1 handed but I don't care about that much, the feel of the device and build quality is what turned me off though I can't stand the glossy thin plastic samsung uses it just IMO feels hella cheap. compared to the DNA which is also plastic but is unibody and just feels way more premium one thing I'm dissapointed about is the whole Impossible to root this damn phone because verizon is evil.

    Coming from a Gnexus I feel so spoiled it was so easy to root that thing.
    nothing nothing nothing
  14. #14  
    zhelf's Avatar
    Zombie

    Posts
    719 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    The only real reservation I have with the dna is lack of removable storage that has become my single biggest reserve aas due to my past experience and others I have ruled out the maxx hd and am solely between the note 2 and dna im just struggling to get past the thought of having only 16gb of storage space
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

    You will make it work. I never thought I could but I do. I utilize cloud a lot more than ever before. Dropbox, box.. I also feel like I keep the memory cleaner because I'm not just loading my sd card with stuff I will eventually not use.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone else moving from the GS3 to the Note 2?
    By MannyZ28 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 08:28 AM
  2. My experience coming from the Bionic to the MAXX
    By koalabear in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 07:03 AM
  3. Anyone go from Galaxy Note to SIII?
    By colin8 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 06:42 AM
  4. Coming from BB storm2 to the fascinate
    By Fyrmedic654 in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 08:42 PM
  5. Has anyone gone from a 9700 to the Droid?
    By johnatthebar in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 11:26 PM

Posting Permissions