Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By alstreitz
  • 1 Post By Spider210
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DNA sms slow

Anyone else's messaging app slow? Mine takes a couple seconds to load my most current conversations and contact names and its very irritating. Some feedback would be appreciated! Thanks,

alstreitz
    Fraggle79 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: DNA sms slow

Have you tried clearing out old messages? Check how much free storage you have left.
    --Chris [cole2kb]
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes I did on my old one, I just got a replacement and it has the same problem. Ill check.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hmm, still slow.

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts

Mine does it too.. When I open messaging app it will show phone number for all contacts and then eventually it will swap over to their name..

Sent from my DROID DNA

mine does it but only when i haven't used the messaging app in a while. Which is understandable

Mine has done this since day 1. I've hard reset and rom my phone and still have issue
    Thanked by:
    GadgetMedic likes this.

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alstreitz View Post
    Anyone else's messaging app slow? Mine takes a couple seconds to load my most current conversations and contact names and its very irritating. Some feedback would be appreciated! Thanks,

alstreitz
    Same issue as you and everyone else noted above. I think it is an issue with Sense 4 being overly... Fluffy? I think the minimalist Sense 5 interface will nip this issue in the bud.

I have the same issue. The way I look at it -- if that's the worst problem I have with the phone then I am happy
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I have been checking throughout the day for this type of problem, and I really only get it when the SIM is preparing. Its odd that it affects some phones and not all.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

ROM
    CM10.2

Only recently have I been experiencing this issue to a large degree. The messaging app was loading quite slowly today... In fact since the last firmware update I've been experiencing issues. I haven't had a SIM card error yet though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

Stock Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Help me root it if you're up to the challenge!)

I have also noticed this sluggishness on my messaging app. I had the same issue on my thunderbolt but that was caused by rooting. My DNA is not rooted and yet this still happens. I hadn't thought about it, but it has gotten worse after the "sim fix" update. "Fix" one thing and mess something else up. I'm just glad that I haven't had the crazy sim issues you all have been having.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

If your DNA is slow to load your most current contact for a text conversation, you have reached a point where you have too many messages stored. If you delete the conversation thread, and start a new thread with this contact it will become quick like it was originally.

It's hard to say what the cause is, because even if I have two small threads in there, it still takes a moment to refresh to show the current messages. It's just not well designed app, IMO, but it seems like some people don't have the issue.

But I feel like it's a common problem among HTC's Messaging app, as it was like that on my EVO LTE as well.

Mine is not that slow but it just closes and goes to the Home screen while typing a message. This is the only problem I have with this phone, my wife's phone does the same.

ROM
    Das Bamf2.1/Imoseyon1.3.5

Textra does a way better job imo

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll give Textra a try.