Newest ota DOA

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
So the newest ota seems to have done nothing except cause more problems. Reports of SIM failures after ota. My WiFi is now fluctuating as I sit directly beside my router. I also just got a "preparing SIM" notice. This seems to have happened a few times today although I am unsure if it is the same issue as the SIM card not being detected.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

dasaucemasta

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Never had a sim card issue until the newest OTA when once a day my phone drops all service phone and internet until I restart it. Just an image of a cell phone in the notification bar. Nice work Verizon.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So the newest ota seems to have done nothing except cause more problems. Reports of SIM failures after ota. My WiFi is now fluctuating as I sit directly beside my router. I also just got a "preparing SIM" notice. This seems to have happened a few times today although I am unsure if it is the same issue as the SIM card not being detected.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Same here....never had the SIM issue until after the OTA. Had it happen 4 times within 10 minutes a few days after update.
I am calling Verizon to get the issue on record. If it persists I will ask for a replacement.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Kinda same here. I'm in and out of problems. Most notable is the fact that 3G wants to take over my cell data most of the time now. Even when i'm in the heart of Manhattan. I've never had this issue. As soon as i came from underground I connected at 4G. Not anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance