Battery usage.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Today while I was at work I felt my phone getting hot in my pocket. I don't really use my phone at work, and usually my battery life is pretty good throughout the day. Last Saturday I noticed my phones battery draining pretty quickly as well. So I checked my battery usage and this was what I saw today at work after my phone was getting very warm in my pocket. What exactly is mediaserver? And why is it using so much power in my pocket? This was basically after I had unplugged it and not really used it at all.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367394620760.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367394620760.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 28

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Jerry Hildenbrand talked about this on a recent episode of the Android Central podcast. This can be caused by a rogue media file that is corrupt in some way. Have you recently downloaded any music / movies to your phone? If so, remove it and see if that solved the problem. Or, you can delete all your locally stored media and copy it to your device again. Hopefully that will clear it up.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I don't remember downloading any movies or music, but I have downloaded a few pictures.I'll remove them to my desktop and I'll be back if the problem persists. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2