Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    mystiphi's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Question Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    I'm not sure if anyone has actually been able to download this yet. I've seen the articles on the AC homepage say it's pushed out to the Play Store. When you search for it, the logo, name, pics, description, etc. have changed but there's no option to update. Almost like there really is no update but just a shiny new cover to the same old book. The Talk app is still alive and on life support. Has anyone been successful at getting this thing on a DNA (or anything)?

    Seriously just burning time until the summer when BBM gets here. Although, if I know RIM, I'll be disappointed...
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Maybe try going into settings, applications and uninstalling the updates. Then back into the play store and re-installing.
  3. #3  
    law2010's Avatar

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by mystiphi View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has actually been able to download this yet. I've seen the articles on the AC homepage say it's pushed out to the Play Store. When you search for it, the logo, name, pics, description, etc. have changed but there's no option to update. Almost like there really is no update but just a shiny new cover to the same old book. The Talk app is still alive and on life support. Has anyone been successful at getting this thing on a DNA (or anything)?

    Seriously just burning time until the summer when BBM gets here. Although, if I know RIM, I'll be disappointed...
    All you have to do is go to the play store and download it. It literally removes the Talk app, so if you still see the talk app, you did not download it.

    Many people have been having success using the web browser to find the hangouts download on the play store versus the play store application built into your phone.

    I have it on my DNA and it works fine. It uninstalled the Talk app when I installed Hangouts.

    Let me know if you are still having issues and I will give you a play by play on how to download it.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Mine says Hangout is installed but it is still Google Talk. I tried rebooting to no avail. The web Google play also says it is installed also. What gives?

    BS

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    phoenixone likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    mystiphi's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by antilles76 View Post
    Maybe try going into settings, applications and uninstalling the updates. Then back into the play store and re-installing.
    There's no option to uninstall updates for the Talk app. Just Force stop and Disable.

    Quote Originally Posted by law2010 View Post
    All you have to do is go to the play store and download it. It literally removes the Talk app, so if you still see the talk app, you did not download it.

    Many people have been having success using the web browser to find the hangouts download on the play store versus the play store application built into your phone.

    I have it on my DNA and it works fine. It uninstalled the Talk app when I installed Hangouts.

    Let me know if you are still having issues and I will give you a play by play on how to download it.
    Tried this method and it says it's already installed on my devices. What gives?

    Posted from my HTC DNA via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    I just looked on the play store, and the description said that it will roll out to everyone eventually.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    mystiphi's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Guess I'll have to be patient. (What's that?) Just seemed weird that Play Store seems to think the newer version is installed. Never seen that before.

    Posted from my HTC DNA via Android Central App
  8. #8  
    law2010's Avatar

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    I am not certain what the issue is for you all. I know two people with DNA's and I helped them install the Hangouts app using the browser on their phones where I Googled "Google Hangouts play store." I got a link to a Google site to learn more about the new app and it had a direct download from the play store on the site.

    Works well. I will try to post screenshots.

    Sent from my Droid DNA using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA-uploadfromtaptalk1368750888388.jpg  
  9. #9  
    law2010's Avatar

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Here are screenshots on how to download it to your DNA. Really easy. It says already installed on mine because I have it already and use it constantly.

    Sent from my Droid DNA using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA-uploadfromtaptalk1368751066554.jpg   Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA-uploadfromtaptalk1368751079463.jpg   Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA-uploadfromtaptalk1368751091881.jpg  
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    I just downloaded it from the play store on my phone. Make sure you don't have it disabled like I did.

    Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using the Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Same with my wife's phone. P.I.T.A !!!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Once I restarted my DNA the notice for the update came up


    Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Garbage app

    Why do we need another limited messaging app?

    Google, step it up for funk sake
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by mystiphi View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has actually been able to download this yet. I've seen the articles on the AC homepage say it's pushed out to the Play Store. When you search for it, the logo, name, pics, description, etc. have changed but there's no option to update. Almost like there really is no update but just a shiny new cover to the same old book. The Talk app is still alive and on life support. Has anyone been successful at getting this thing on a DNA (or anything)?

    Seriously just burning time until the summer when BBM gets here. Although, if I know RIM, I'll be disappointed...
    The update went live btw. Not impressed but I'm sure they'll work the kinks out

    Sent from my Droid DNA
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Got both phones up and running....BUT, as with other video calling apps, bluetooth earpieces (Jawbone Era) does not work. The year...is 2013, and still, no one has solved this annoying issue.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Hangouts (Talk update) on DNA

    Old thread but I figure I'll post that I've didn't even think to check if our Jawbone Era's work with Hangouts/Skype since updating to Android 4.2.2. I'm happy to say they now work. Finally, we can use our bluetooth's with video calls.

Similar Threads

  1. Google talk update (to hangouts)
    By mattatwar1 in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 10:43 PM
  2. Facebook Widget not updating on home screen
    By elemeno0pee in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 07:37 PM
  3. any update on Cross Talk IM?
    By jharo in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 05:39 PM
  4. Droid Update On Eris
    By pmdied in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 09:23 PM
  5. Got 1.6 update on Vodafone UK but not working :(
    By varunbhalla in forum T-Mobile myTouch 3G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 03:24 AM

Posting Permissions