Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By splmonster
  • 1 Post By dplane
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How's your signal??

I know this has probably already been asked, but what is the reception of the DNA like? Is it better than GS3? I currently have the GS3, and it has terrible signal. A guy at Verizon tried to steer me away from HTC, due to signal issues (FYI I live a little out in the country). I got the free DNA, it arrives tomorrow!! Will I be satisfied??

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,445 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Default Re: How's your signal??

Quote Originally Posted by ryanschaeffer#AC View Post
    I know this has probably already been asked, but what is the reception of the DNA like? Is it better than GS3? I currently have the GS3, and it has terrible signal. A guy at Verizon tried to steer me away from HTC, due to signal issues (FYI I live a little out in the country). I got the free DNA, it arrives tomorrow!! Will I be satisfied??

The guy at Verizon had zero clue what he was talking about. Samsung is known for weaker radios, and HTC seems to do a very good job beefing those up. Never had an issue with an HTC device when it comes to signal.
    Thanked by:
    D_Norm_A likes this.

ROM
    AOKP

Coming from the gnex the antennas on the dna trump the gnex in every way possible, it's insane.

Sent with my locked up DNA via the Android Central App
    nothing nothing nothing

great signal, never had a gs3

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I know the difference in signal with a Samsung compared to others. When I first got my GSIII I had no sim errors all the time. I went through almost 5 phones and it finally got better but they said it was the area I was in. Never had a problem with the Razr Maxx. Anyway my question is does it make a difference between Global or basic Lte/Cdma? Ive heard different things from each Verizon employee.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanschaeffer#AC View Post

I live in a small town in southern Illinois in what Verizon says is a fringe area.

Motorola phones - great reception no problems.

HTC phones - same as above.

Samsung phone - only had one and it was so bad I will never buy another Samsung device.

Edit : forgot to mention the DNA is my current phone.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Last edited by metz65; 05-24-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I live in the outer area of one of the 10 most populous states in the US and this is my signal strength/ LTE speeds from inside of my house.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How's your signal??-uploadfromtaptalk1369415718952.jpg   How's your signal??-uploadfromtaptalk1369415727138.jpg  

I've been using mine for two months now and I think the signal is great

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

What everyone else said. HTC n moto have always been excellent for me on that front. Don't count on any vzw rep to know anything other than how to sell you a contract.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LG G2 (VZW)
    HTC Droid DNA - Moonshined/S-Off
    HP TouchPad - CM10.1 JB 4.2.2
    user242 likes this.

If i compared my DNA to the GS3 we have in the house, its a huge difference in reception. I can also walk much further from the router to use wifi compared to the gs3. I can go anywhere in the house and outside the house for the most part while the GS3 can barely cover the house without losing wifi. HTC phones Ive had have always been amazing for signal compared.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredshoes View Post
    Coming from the gnex the antennas on the dna trump the gnex in every way possible, it's insane.

Sent with my locked up DNA via the Android Central App
    That answered my question before I even had a chance to ask. Thanks!