Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By Daniel.Lynch
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default No root for DNA!? Please help.

    I've been wishing to root for a while and there isn't anything out. Can someone inform me how long it will take to find a way. Need you flash a Rom remove cramp off my phone.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,592 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: No root for DNA!? Please help.

    Quote Originally Posted by mannw1977 View Post
    I've been wishing to root for a while and there isn't anything out. Can someone inform me how long it will take to find a way. Need you flash a Rom remove cramp off my phone.
    From what I know, Moto's are hard to unlock the bootloader, thus making it hard to root. But, with Moto being controlled by Google now, that may change in the very near future.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. #3  
    Daniel.Lynch's Avatar

    Posts
    463 Posts
    ROM
    CM10.2

    Default Re: No root for DNA!? Please help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    From what I know, Moto's are hard to unlock the bootloader, thus making it hard to root. But, with Moto being controlled by Google now, that may change in the very near future.
    The DNA is made by HTC. Unless there was a merger I am unaware of?
  4. #4  
    mclarryjr's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,727 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

    Default Re: No root for DNA!? Please help.

    Looks like your wait is coming to an end.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,592 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: No root for DNA!? Please help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.Lynch View Post
    The DNA is made by HTC. Unless there was a merger I am unaware of?
    You are right. My mistake. Long day at work yesterday.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    mclarryjr likes this.
  6. #6  
    Daniel.Lynch's Avatar

    Posts
    463 Posts
    ROM
    CM10.2

    Default Re: No root for DNA!? Please help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    You are right. My mistake. Long day at work yesterday.
    Ha, it happens! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    Looks like your wait is coming to an end.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I can't wait for the S-off to be public. I just saw that thread yesterday. I'm way too excited to finally root my phone.
    Thanked by 2:
    mannw1977 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Installed 2.2.1 340 update - now can't root with z4root - Please help!
    By ambrodsky in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 11:04 PM
  2. Is it possible to root the acclaim? Please Help.
    By tylertorg1 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 04:53 PM
  3. Before I buy this Pay for View please help!
    By Rip in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 12:49 PM
  4. [OFFICIALEST] no ROOT for 2.2 Froyo OTA update
    By UTnick in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 04:35 PM
  5. No ROOTING for 2.1 official yet?
    By ali.fazal in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 06:24 PM

Posting Permissions

B