Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GPS problem.

My GPS (Location Services) has been having issues when it comes to apps lately.The foursquare app is always asking me to turn on my GPS so that it can find my location, along with Google Now, then when I'm directed straight from Google Now to my "Location settings" page it shows everything is checked and turned on. Im tried restarting and such to no success. This has been a problem for a few weeks now and its becoming an extreme annoyance. Im not rooted, straight stock sense. Any help would be appericiated.

Default Re: GPS problem.

I'm with u...don't use foursquare, but Google now keeps telling me location services are off. When I click on settings...shows them all on?? Hopefully someone can give us a fix!!

sent from either nexus 7 or DNA

It's an existing problem with Google services on HTC phones. Google is aware of it and working on a fix. One of the other threads has a link to info about it, but I can't remember which one at the moment.
    Thanked by 2:

The new play store update seems to have fixed the problem. You can find it here:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/05...-store-4-1-10/
    Thanked by 2:
    sandoffvfp5 

Seems to have worked. Downloaded playstore update and did a restart...weather widget is showing my town and Google now is not telling me to turn on location...yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by vfp5 View Post
    Seems to have worked. Downloaded playstore update and did a restart...weather widget is showing my town and Google now is not telling me to turn on location...yay!!

Glad I could help. This same thing has been bugging me for weeks.

Nice this helped me too. Thank you!

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

It fixes that problem. But what about the 5-8 minutes it takes to find a satellite when using Google Navigation? All of my other phones connect almost instantly. Is there a fix for this issue?

ROM
    Das Bamf2.1/Imoseyon1.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek32 View Post
    It fixes that problem. But what about the 5-8 minutes it takes to find a satellite when using Google Navigation? All of my other phones connect almost instantly. Is there a fix for this issue?
    I'm having the same issue just waiting for root so I can flash a rom that has it fixed

Sent from my Droid DNA

Quote Originally Posted by clickclick#AC View Post
    I'm having the same issue just waiting for root so I can flash a rom that has it fixed

Sent from my Droid DNA
    I used it without a problem yesterday. Locked on almost instantly and ran perfectly afterwards.