GPS problem.

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My GPS (Location Services) has been having issues when it comes to apps lately.The foursquare app is always asking me to turn on my GPS so that it can find my location, along with Google Now, then when I'm directed straight from Google Now to my "Location settings" page it shows everything is checked and turned on. Im tried restarting and such to no success. This has been a problem for a few weeks now and its becoming an extreme annoyance. Im not rooted, straight stock sense. Any help would be appericiated.

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm with u...don't use foursquare, but Google now keeps telling me location services are off. When I click on settings...shows them all on?? Hopefully someone can give us a fix!!

sent from either nexus 7 or DNA

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's an existing problem with Google services on HTC phones. Google is aware of it and working on a fix. One of the other threads has a link to info about it, but I can't remember which one at the moment.

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Seems to have worked. Downloaded playstore update and did a restart...weather widget is showing my town and Google now is not telling me to turn on location...yay!!

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems to have worked. Downloaded playstore update and did a restart...weather widget is showing my town and Google now is not telling me to turn on location...yay!!

Glad I could help. This same thing has been bugging me for weeks.

techgeek32

May 19, 2013
Visit site
It fixes that problem. But what about the 5-8 minutes it takes to find a satellite when using Google Navigation? All of my other phones connect almost instantly. Is there a fix for this issue?

clickclick#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It fixes that problem. But what about the 5-8 minutes it takes to find a satellite when using Google Navigation? All of my other phones connect almost instantly. Is there a fix for this issue?

I'm having the same issue just waiting for root so I can flash a rom that has it fixed

Sent from my Droid DNA