HTC may allow HTC One owners to revert phone to stock android

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey all:

I just caught an article on another site that indicates that HTC may permit existing HTC One owners to revert their phones to stock android in the near future. Apparently a lot of HTC One owners were livid when HTC announced the Nexus style HTC One that is coming out in a couple of months. HTC may do some magic to allow current HTC one owners revert their phones to stock android.

I would not be happy if HTC left the DNA owners out of this category. Stock android is very attractive and I would not mind having the latest updates all the time.

Source:
http://phandroid.com/2013/05/30/nexus-experience-htc-one/

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Everybody's getting way ahead of themselves here. I was in on the original e-mail thread that started all this. And ... folks are getting way ahead of themselves.

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Everybody's getting way ahead of themselves here. I was in on the original e-mail thread that started all this. And ... folks are getting way ahead of themselves.

Agreed. I highly doubt HTC would do this for the One, not to mention the DNA. Its going to be hard enough to get Sense 5 on the DNA. I don't think Verizon would allow it.

Posted via Android Central App

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt the DNA would receive this treatment. It would be markedly difficult for Google to have to directly update so many HTC devices across the board, what with all the different components and all (processor, camera, etc.). If this is true, it will definitely only be limited to their flagship, the One.

Posted via Android Central App

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you. However, I like Sense better than any of the other interfaces.

I was a blackberry user, then an iPhone 4 user, and now a Droid DNA. I have never had the opportunity to try any of the other interfaces by Samsung, Motorolla, etc. However, I have watched a ton of videos on the Galaxy S4 and I am not impressed by the interface. I have watched a ton of videos on the Nexus 4 and its interface and I really dig it. If only they had LTE and could work on Verizon . . .

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I was a blackberry user, then an iPhone 4 user, and now a Droid DNA. I have never had the opportunity to try any of the other interfaces by Samsung, Motorolla, etc. However, I have watched a ton of videos on the Galaxy S4 and I am not impressed by the interface. I have watched a ton of videos on the Nexus 4 and its interface and I really dig it. If only they had LTE and could work on Verizon . . .

I'm not a big fan of TouchWiz at all. I have the Galaxy Nexus, and really like the stock software. One of the things I do dislike about Verizon is that they are CDMA. I'd love to have a Nexus 4!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney