Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid DNA SMS error message

Sometimes when I try to send SMS messages using the stock messaging app I get the following error message:

SMS Error
    Code 65535
    Error Class 3

Have had the Verizon Droid DNA since January. Have had this incident occur several times this week. Anybody else have this?

Any advice/ insight would be appreciated. Thanks

~ Sabrina Fair

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Re: Droid DNA SMS error message

I've had that quite a few times. I was fine before the "No-SIM error" update that has given me No SIM errors left and right (not that I'm bitter).

Do you first get a "General Error" message and then tap to get more info?

Basically, I'm confused by this too. Really annoying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Droid DNA SMS error message-sms-general-error.jpg   Droid DNA SMS error message-sms-error.jpg  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dnickb View Post
    I've had that quite a few times. I was fine before the "No-SIM error" update that has given me No SIM errors left and right (not that I'm bitter).

Do you first get a "General Error" message and then tap to get more info?

Basically, I'm confused by this too. Really annoying.
    Yes. That is exactly what I get!

VZW's solution was to do a factory reset (not doing this).

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Did you have this problem before the No SIM update?

Also, sadly, after searching the 'net for a few minutes again, I still can't find anything useful about this problem, which is upsetting.

Might want to go talk to Verizon again and tell them that a factory reset isn't really a good solution for you. I'm waiting for my device to give me No SIM while I'm near a Verizon store (preferably while I'm at work, which is very close to a Verizon store) before I go complain. They really want to see the device misbehave, not just screenshots. At least in my experience.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dnickb View Post
    Did you have this problem before the No SIM update?

Also, sadly, after searching the 'net for a few minutes again, I still can't find anything useful about this problem, which is upsetting.

Might want to go talk to Verizon again and tell them that a factory reset isn't really a good solution for you. I'm waiting for my device to give me No SIM while I'm near a Verizon store (preferably while I'm at work, which is very close to a Verizon store) before I go complain. They really want to see the device misbehave, not just screenshots. At least in my experience.
    oh I did not have this problem prior to the "No SIM Card" update.

The next time I get this error message, I will go to my local VZW store and show it to them.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina Fair View Post
    oh I did not have this problem prior to the "No SIM Card" update.

The next time I get this error message, I will go to my local VZW store and show it to them.
    I had Chomp SMS installed and VZW uninstalled it. Maybe that might help....

that's their solution to everything.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

I got my DNA 1 week ago. 2 days after i got it i was getting that same message. called verizon and after 30 mins figured out it was an update that my phone didnt have. so i was good again. then 2 days later again it wasnt sending texts. went into the store and the guy took my sim out and found it had a finger print on it. he wiped it and installed it and it was good to go again. now today it has been a couple days and it was doing it again today. i got to looking online and found that under settings, battery there is an option to take off fast boot. turned it off (unchecked it) on mine and i am sending texts again. i hope this helps! we will see how long it lasts now..

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amishin005 View Post
    I got my DNA 1 week ago. 2 days after i got it i was getting that same message. called verizon and after 30 mins figured out it was an update that my phone didnt have. so i was good again. then 2 days later again it wasnt sending texts. went into the store and the guy took my sim out and found it had a finger print on it. he wiped it and installed it and it was good to go again. now today it has been a couple days and it was doing it again today. i got to looking online and found that under settings, battery there is an option to take off fast boot. turned it off (unchecked it) on mine and i am sending texts again. i hope this helps! we will see how long it lasts now..

That is fascinating. It should, in theory, not be connected. Yet it might be. Glad to hear a suggestion.

An update on me, I've been through more DNAs than I can count. I think I'm on no. 4. Still love the device, when it works.

This last one, has been fantastic (and now I've jinxed it).

But interestingly, I do have the fast boot option turned off if only because I was trying to get a "No-SIM Error" to disappear.

Yeah same thing here. Ever since the "system update" my phone is crap. i get the 65535 error message more times a day than i can count. And wonderful Verizon that i pay premium prices for the service has only one solution...reset the phone to factory. That their answer to everything. If i wanted to reset my phone and lose everything i bought the phone for, i would have kept my old flip phone from years ago! My everything is in this phone and resetting it would be like committing suicide. Hey verizon! how about coming up with some real solutions to problems besides resetting...
    Thanked by: