Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Default Re: Droid Dna in backburner?

Quote Originally Posted by cb245 View Post
    My entire Rom is themed in blue

BadSeed Tranquil DNA
    Are you still on the factory software?

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Global Posts
    13,796 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    I plan root and flash sense 5 long before the release anyways lol

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    Good luck with the root and flash!!

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

It's a complete m7 port , modified off of a 2.04 base highly modified . And it is by far the best DNA Rom out , just try it .

BadSeed Tranquil DNA

ROM
    CM10.2

It's a complete m7 port , modified off of a 2.04 base highly modified . And it is by far the best DNA Rom out , just try it .

BadSeed Tranquil DNA
    Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

Stock Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Help me root it if you're up to the challenge!)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.Lynch View Post
    Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't
    We have software version 2.06 :-(

The real only difference between 2.04 and .06 were the radio's and supposedly the SIM card issue which I fixed . Can I ask why you can't flash a 2.04 Rom ? Are you not rooted ?

BadSeed Tranquil DNA
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

No, I'm not rooted.

ROM
    CM10.2

The real only difference between 2.04 and .06 were the radio's and supposedly the SIM card issue which I fixed . Can I ask why you can't flash a 2.04 Rom ? Are you not rooted ?

BadSeed Tranquil DNA

2.6 they also locked down the bootloader.
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

To get the thread back on track since it was wildly derailed by someone bringing up rooting... I do believe the dna will be on the back burner once the one arrives. I do not however believe it will be htc's fault but rather Verizon 's. Verizon will be to busy trying to reap in money off the one that even if 4.2 and sense 5 were delivered fully functional and ready to go, they will have no motivation to actually push it to customers. It would just be another deterrent for people to upgrade to a new flashy toy

ROM
    CM10.2

Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    To get the thread back on track since it was wildly derailed by someone bringing up rooting... I do believe the dna will be on the back burner once the one arrives. I do not however believe it will be htc's fault but rather Verizon 's. Verizon will be to busy trying to reap in money off the one that even if 4.2 and sense 5 were delivered fully functional and ready to go, they will have no motivation to actually push it to customers. It would just be another deterrent for people to upgrade to a new flashy toy
    Isn't the development more on the end of HTC rather than Verizon? So shouldn't we be worrying about whether or not HTC still cares about us?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

2.6 they also locked down the bootloader.
    The bootloader was locked on 2.04 ,, moonshine will be out soon . And the DNA is slotted for the sense 5 4.1.2 update so how is that on the back burner ? Updates like this always take time , problem is most of us can't wait and move on to other devices .

BadSeed Tranquil DNA
    Thanked by:
    mclarryjr likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Isn't the development more on the end of HTC rather than Verizon? So shouldn't we be worrying about whether or not HTC still cares about us?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    The way I understand it is HTC develops the update, but it's up to Verizon to release it.
    mclarryjr likes this.

ROM
    CM10.2

Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    The way I understand it is HTC develops the update, but it's up to Verizon to release it.
    What would make Verizon want to wait to release it?

The bootloader was locked on 2.04 ,, moonshine will be out soon . And the DNA is slotted for the sense 5 4.1.2 update so how is that on the back burner ? Updates like this always take time , problem is most of us can't wait and move on to other devices .

BadSeed Tranquil DNA
    Ah, sorry. regardless, my bootloader is locked tight
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Roms and root are not an option for me. I rooted my Thunderbolt and installed some roms. Most of them had terrible glitches and features that didn't work. So I went back to stock but still rooted. Even with the stock ROM, I was having issues that weren't there pre root.Never again. I guess I'll have to wait for the official update.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by masc69 View Post
    Roms and root are not an option for me. I rooted my Thunderbolt and installed some roms. Most of them had terrible glitches and features that didn't work. So I went back to stock but still rooted. Even with the stock ROM, I was having issues that weren't there pre root.Never again. I guess I'll have to wait for the official update.

Sorry to hear that bro , my Rom has no glitches and the ONLY option that don't work is zoe . But I understand .

BadSeed Tranquil DNA
    Thanked by:
    masc69 

ROM
    CM10.2

Quote Originally Posted by masc69 View Post

No ROM I've ever had has been perfect. But usually if you stick around and stay in touch with the developers they provide updates and fixes for any or all issues. Cyanogenmod ROMS are usually a good default, and it just takes a little bit of patience getting the fixes, but if you've got an issue the guys here, or the guys over at xda who developed the ROMS are almost always willing to help out.
    Plus, its not like the stock unrooted DNA is without its bugs... we've got threads for days here about those.
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

Thanked by:
    masc69 
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Same reason that AT&T drug their feet for six months on the Jelly Bean update for the HTC One X, perhaps? Plus isn't Verizon typically the last to release an update? I'm asking because I don't know.

Sorry to hear that bro , my Rom has no glitches and the ONLY option that don't work is zoe . But I understand .

BadSeed Tranquil DNA
    Did you design BadSeed Tranquil? I'm just curious.

ROM
    CM10.2

Same reason that AT&T drug their feet for six months on the Jelly Bean update for the HTC One X, perhaps? Plus isn't Verizon typically the last to release an update? I'm asking because I don't know.

Did you design BadSeed Tranquil? I'm just curious.
    Looks like he did.

CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

Ah, sorry. regardless, my bootloader is locked tight
    Verizon android customers are still waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich on many handsets. . . By the time they "pass" the updates that were sent to them in 2012 on to their customers, Keylime pie will have been out for 6-8 months.

Verizon is the worst company for customer support and they are more concerned with keeping their crapware on every update to Android phones. They put up a fight when Motorolla removed their crapware with the most recent update to their RAZR series because Google owns them now and can swing its big stick at Verizon to make them be good to their customers.

ROM
    CM10.2

Quote Originally Posted by law2010 View Post
    Verizon android customers are still waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich on many handsets. . . By the time they "pass" the updates that were sent to them in 2012 on to their customers, Keylime pie will have been out for 6-8 months.

Verizon is the worst company for customer support and they are more concerned with keeping their crapware on every update to Android phones. They put up a fight when Motorolla removed their crapware with the most recent update to their RAZR series because Google owns them now and can swing its big stick at Verizon to make them be good to their customers.
    Wow they really did that? Kudos Google! I hate bloatware. That is on the top of my list for reasons to root.
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Looks like he did.

I didn't know that. It's a nice looking ROM. I'm having issues with Verizon's visual voice mail while running ViperDNA. Has anyone had issues with VVM on BadSeed Tranquil?

I didn't know that. It's a nice looking ROM. I'm having issues with Verizon's visual voice mail while running ViperDNA. Has anyone had issues with VVM on BadSeed Tranquil?
    I have a modified themed vzw vvm in the op , flash in recovery and your golden . I use it everyday .

BadSeed Tranquil DNA
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

I have a modified themed vzw vvm in the op , flash in recovery and your golden . I use it everyday .

BadSeed Tranquil DNA
    Awesome! Is this compatible with ViperDNA, or do I have to flash BadSeed Tranquil? I am just curious, because I don't feel comfortable flashing ROMS yet.

Awesome! Is this compatible with ViperDNA, or do I have to flash BadSeed Tranquil? I am just curious, because I don't feel comfortable flashing ROMS yet.
    I'm not sure . It was modded for sense 5

BadSeed Tranquil DNA
    Last edited by cb245; 06-08-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Ok , revone and moonshine released time to s-off and that's where the fun begins lol

BadSeed Tranquil DNA
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12