Droid Dna in backburner?

masc69

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So Verizon has announced the HTC One coming to their network. Is this end of the DNA? I am hoping we still get Sense 5.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The DNA is still set to receive 4.2+ sense 5. This phone is not yet out the door.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Maybe not the end of the DNA, but I have a feeling we won't be seeing Sense 5 until LONG after the One gets released. If we get the update, I have a feeling it'll be around the late fall time.

Posted via Android Central App

masc69

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The DNA is still set to receive 4.2+ sense 5. This phone is not yet out the door.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

I had not realized Sense 5 and Android 4.2 had been announced for the DNA!! I am relieved. I just hope they keep their timeline. I read it was going to happen sometime in August. Lets hope its not another Thunderbolt 4.0 ICS fiasco.

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I had not realized Sense 5 and Android 4.2 had been announced for the DNA!! I am relieved. I just hope they keep their timeline. I read it was going to happen sometime in August. Lets hope its not another Thunderbolt 4.0 ICS fiasco.

I currently have the DINC 2. It was supposed to get ICS back in AUGUST. Never happened. Will never happen. Don't count on system updates until you see them actually deployed.

masc69

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the DINC 2. It was supposed to get ICS back in AUGUST. Never happened. Will never happen. Don't count on system updates until you see them actually deployed.

That is exactly what I'm afraid of happening. I was so upset when they kept pushing the Thunderbolt ICS update back for so long. I'm going to give HTC the benefit of the doubt and hope they don't let me down. I ala hope its not glitchy when it does push out. I gotta say though, the DNA is the best smartphone I've ever had. I love it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I plan root and flash sense 5 long before the release anyways lol

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I plan root and flash sense 5 long before the release anyways lol

If a root and ROM fixes my few issues with this phone I will be ecstatic.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I've never actually owned a phone that got put on the backburner. I had the OG Droid and the Thunderbolt and though the updates took forever they always had a huge user base to complain. For a while the OG Droid was the only phone being updated. I hope the rooting community can save us.

Sent from my CM7 Droid using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any personal screen shots? Tried to pull up the ones on xda to no avail.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
How stable is that ROM vs NOS?

Very stable, I've been running NOS M7 since the first release in mid March, then there were a few issues but now they all have been fixed except Zoe. IMO Sense 5 is a ton better then any previous versions for many different reason but all dealing with the visual looks. I have always run a 3rd party launcher 90% of the time all all my phones but since getting Sense 5 it's down to under 5% because it looks that good to me.

I don't believe that the DNA is on the backburner, it just won't be the newest HTC device on Verizons network. I usually update my phone each year and thought about upgrading to the One but don't see enough of an upgrade since I'm running the same software. Now that could change because I have a strange disease which requires me to keep buying phones all the time.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca