Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Jennifer Stough
  • 2 Post By Jennifer Stough
  • 1 Post By ItnStln511
  • 1 Post By antilles76
  • 1 Post By antilles76
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SLOW DNA

i've had it for about 4 months. i love the phone. when i got it it was super quick. now, within the last few weeks, there is always a lag when i opens a message, opens a keyboard, when I try to x out of a message. is there anything I can check that will speed it up like it was? i had it scanned for viruses and there are none
    i only have about 30 apps
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Default Re: SLOW DNA

Trying clearing the cache through stock recovery. Ill post instructions in a sec. I've found it helps when my phone begins to slow, but no promises and it cant hurt. You wont lose any data or anything.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    Thanked by:
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,863 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Trying clearing the cache through stock recovery. Ill post instructions in a sec. I've found it helps when my phone begins to slow, but no promises and it cant hurt. You wont lose any data or anything.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

I was just about to see if you responded to this yet... Lol!

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

:-) its been a slow day, lol.

For the droid DNA, this is how you wipe cache.
    Shut down the device.
    Hold down Volume Down and hold down Power until you boot into the HBOOT menu.
    Select the RECOVERY option using the Volume buttons.
    Your phone will show the white HTC screen, then you'll see a black screen. It will take a while but it will say failed to mount sd four times. Wait until it turns into a red triangle with an exclamation point inside the triangle and from there, hold down the Volume Up and then press the Power button. You will see a small list, this is stock recovery.

From there, select wipe/ cache.

Thanked by:
    johnowoss and Golfdriver97 like this.

Global Posts
    13,863 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by u7mg0 View Post
    i've had it for about 4 months. i love the phone. when i got it it was super quick. now, within the last few weeks, there is always a lag when i opens a message, opens a keyboard, when I try to x out of a message. is there anything I can check that will speed it up like it was? i had it scanned for viruses and there are none

I am highly inclined to agree with Jennifer. If you were asking and had a Galaxy device, I would have suggested the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Shut down the device.
    Your phone will show the white HTC screen, then you'll see a black screen. It will take a while but it will say failed to mount sd four times. Wait until it turns into a red triangle with an exclamation point inside the triangle and from there, hold down the Volume Up and then press the Power button. You will see a small list, this is stock recovery.

You should make a guide with pics!!! Lol...

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Shut down the device.

Am I correct in assuming that this won't erase everything on the phone?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

It will not erase any personal data, no. That is a factory reset ;-)

Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

It will not erase any personal data, no. That is a factory reset ;-)

That's what I thought. Thanks.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM10.2

I've got the same issue, its exaclt what you described, the biggest lag for me is when I search a contacts name in tthe messaging app. Clearing the cache did not help me

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

Stock Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Help me root it if you're up to the challenge!)

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Have you guys tried as a last resort contacting Verizon tech support? They are usually really helpful and if they can't resolve the issue they can issue you a new phone free of charge especially if you have their insurance plan but regardless it should still be covered under the 1 year manufacturers warranty. I've had a few "Thunderbolt" phones replaced that way for similar issues.

My DNA sent this...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I contacted support and all they want to do is a factory reset. they were of no use
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I tried this several times. it just boots up the phone in regular mode. I don't get any options. just the main screen

Shut down the device.

ROM
    CM10.2

I contacted support and all they want to do is a factory reset. they were of no use
    Usually thats all verizon support has ever told me to do. I'm confident this is a software issue. Why does the searching take so long? A slow search algorithm or something. With a ROM installed it SHOULD fix this issue.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Didn't you know that factory resets fix everything? ;-)
    Daniel.Lynch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    Didn't you know that factory resets fix everything? ;-)
    You would be surprised how much it can fix. Most people are reluctant to do it because it is a little inconvenient, but 9 times out of 10 it actually solves the issues.
    user242 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antilles76 View Post
    You would be surprised how much it can fix. Most people are reluctant to do it because it is a little inconvenient, but 9 times out of 10 it actually solves the issues.
    Sometimes it does. I just hate calling tech support and the first thing they want to do is a factory reset. It doesn't matter if it's because the battery is dying fast, or the phone won't hold a WiFi connection.

Sometimes it does. I just hate calling tech support and the first thing they want to do is a factory reset. It doesn't matter if it's because the battery is dying fast, or the phone won't hold a WiFi connection.
    And, if you're going to call them and know they will tell you that, you will already be further ahead if you have already done it. If you tell them you have done resets, they will usually expedite the process and get you a replacement.

Anyway, it is always a good idea to reset after an OTA update, just to make sure it installed correctly. And it's not that hard to re-load everything.
    user242 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antilles76 View Post
    And, if you're going to call them and know they will tell you that, you will already be further ahead if you have already done it. If you tell them you have done resets, they will usually expedite the process and get you a replacement.

Anyway, it is always a good idea to reset after an OTA update, just to make sure it installed correctly. And it's not that hard to re-load everything.
    Correct, it isn't bad at all. Besides, it'll keep me busy for an hour or two! The worse part is losing text messages. Does anyone know of a way to back them up?

Correct, it isn't bad at all. Besides, it'll keep me busy for an hour or two! The worse part is losing text messages. Does anyone know of a way to back them up?
    SMS Backup and Restore...you get everything back except attachments to your texts.

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock Sense 4+

Try "My Backup Pro". Great little app that doesn't require root.

Posted via Android Central App