Cannot sell this phone...

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have it posted locally on Craigslist and it is not selling. WTF. I think this phone is bad *** too, just no one biting. It is listed for only $375 including wireless charger and case. Great condition. Is that not a fair price? Should I lower it or stick it out and be patient?

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have it posted locally on Craigslist and it is not selling. WTF. I think this phone is bad *** too, just no one biting. It is listed for only $375 including wireless charger and case. Great condition. Is that not a fair price? Should I lower it or stick it out and be patient?

Have you listed the phone on swappa? Might sell on that site.

www.swappa.com

I've had to wait it out some on craigslist and lower the price a little to get more attention.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
The phone might be priced to high for Craigslist. People don't value their stuff with their head but their heart. Ebay prices might be lower

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's not selling locally on Craigslist then the price probably isn't right for your area. It's up to you to decide if you want to change the price or wait to see if a fish bites.

sooner7

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I barely got $200 out of my S3 on Craigslist, so I think it's definitely Craigslist.

Most people buying on that site don't think of these devices as $600+ pieces of equipment.
Their carrier subsidizes them to ~$200 or less, so in their mind that's what these devices cost.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I would list it here in the market place, or on swappa.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I go to Craigslist for deals, because people who post on Craigslist often do so because they buy stuff they can't afford and then need to sell it, even at a loss. That, or it's people who don't want to mess with shipping and eBay fees.

Figure that you'd lose 8-10% of the $375 on fees for eBay, then $10 for shipping, and you are looking at $330 profit, plus the pain of waiting for PayPal to transfer the money to your account. Plus, the audience vying for your wares is smaller, so demand is lower, and once a phone goes to <$100 on contract, the resale value tanks.

For reference, I got my nexus 7 16gb with magnetic case for $150,and my Gnex 32gb for $125 both from Craigslist.

The only devices I've ever seen on Craigslist that carry a decent shot at real market value are the Galaxy Note line, and iStuff.

Also, I always write off the cost of accessories, they seem to add almost no value for some reason.

Be patient. Someone will bite for $350.

Posted via Android Central App

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

That's actually a great price. I'd have recommended selling it here or on swappa.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd split it up and sell the charger separate. 375 seems high to me, I've sold every phone I've had in the past two years inside of six months of buying new and the most I ever got was $330 for my galaxy nexus. I've never used Craigslist.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
People on Craigslist are cheap. My favorite line I get from them is "I'm on disability, so I can't afford your price. Can you come down?" there is no frickin way that all of the Portland metro is on disability. Sorry. /rant.

Yeah the price is a little high.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
People on Craigslist are cheap. My favorite line I get from them is "I'm on disability, so I can't afford your price. Can you come down?" there is no frickin way that all of the Portland metro is on disability. Sorry. /rant.

Yeah the price is a little high.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

They are cheap. I tried to sell an iPhone 5 on there, and people were trying to get me to sell it for $250. Personally, I prefer to sell online because I've heard in my area people getting robbed wjen they'd go meet the person.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Not too worried about selling online. Meet at public places, plus concealed carry license... :cool:

That last one will always work! Too bad your phone wasn't listed here when I was looking for one over the weekend. The price is, from what I've seen on swappa, pretty reasonable.

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people myself included won't buy off Craiglist because the assumption is the phone is stolen.

There are quit a few steps to make sure that isn't the case of a stolen device.

www.checkesnfree.com works great.
www.swappa.com/esn works great too.

You can call the service provider and ask them about it being stolen before money is exchanged.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ya I've never had any problems with Craigslist... Great deals and people get desperate... It's like a pawn shop.
Just meet at the store and you can pay after the phone is put on your account.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay