Droid DNA Outside USA - Best buy

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Can anybody suggest best price or way i can buy this phone & use outside USA without any hiccups.

I wont be using in in USA.

Most of us are probably in the US, which is probably why you're not getting any replies.

This is a bump, someone help this guy out, yeah?

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps you should just buy the HTC Butterfly instead. Better for rooting and has expandable storage. Not to mention that the Butterfly will get the Sense 5 update earlier than the Droid DNA on Verizon will. Don't get me wrong, I love my Droid DNA. Verizon's control over it is what makes me suggest the HTC Butterfly to you. (plus expandable storage).

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Here's a side-by-side comparison of the technical specs of the Droid DNA and the standard HTC Butterfly...

HTC DROID DNA vs HTC Butterfly - Phone Comparison

One thing that I didn't realize is that the standard HTC Butterfly doesn't have NFC surprisingly. Though the HTC J-Butterfly (the Japanese variant" does feature NFC.

Also worth not is the Droid DNA's wireless charging which is unique to the Verizon variant.

If I am wrong about any of the different variants of this wonderful phone please speak up. I am always game for learning something new. :)

madroamer

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey tks for ur reply.

actually butterfly has only GSM support. I am looking for CDMA *** gsm support which droid has. Also 11gb is enuf for me.

point is can I use the droid non unlocked version also freely outside usa.or I shud look only for unlocked models.

when I hunt for unlocked models is it that ppl root & say it is unlocked ?

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The Droid DNA is gsm unlocked already out of the box. As for the CDMA side of things I'm not sure. As of right now rooting the DNA is a bit tricky as Verizon is actively pushing updates to it to prevent rooting.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The Droid DNA is gsm unlocked already out of the box. As for the CDMA side of things I'm not sure. As of right now rooting the DNA is a bit tricky as Verizon is actively pushing updates to it to prevent rooting.

As of Friday rooting the DNA is really simple.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

madroamer

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
wat rooting does ? does it make cdma option also avail ? does rooting affect warranty ?

wat is a best price can be given for htc droid dna used phones ?

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Rooting your Android phone gives you "root access" to your phone's operating system. The best analogy is when you get your phone from the carrier you have similar control over your operating system to if you are signed into a pc as a guest user. You have access to the operating system but you can't control everything. For example you cannot uninstall bloatware apps put on the phone by the carrier. Also certain apps like Titanium Backup require root access in order to be used. Also once rooted you can unlock your bootloader and flash custom roms and custom kernels to your heart's content.

Rooting does void your warrenty for your device. But luckily all you have to do is to relock and unroot your phone to remedy that.

As for pricing for a used Droid DNA you are on your own for that one. Research research research...

parallax2

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
wat rooting does ? does it make cdma option also avail ? does rooting affect warranty ?

wat is a best price can be given for htc droid dna used phones ?

Just buy the Verizon version and you are good to go on CDMA. The phone is already 'carrier' unlocked but you may need to enter specific information for your service provider. Rooting is more like taking more control over the operating system of the phone. If you don't need that, don't worry about doing it.

madroamer

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Just buy the Verizon version and you are good to go on CDMA. The phone is already 'carrier' unlocked but you may need to enter specific information for your service provider. Rooting is more like taking more control over the operating system of the phone. If you don't need that, don't worry about doing it.

how do i use settings of other mobile & use cdma networks ? it doesnt deduct that cdma sim at all.

u say must enter information of my network providetr. my network provider is also cdma so how do i do it? factory unlock is only for gsm

madroamer

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
1. Insert not allowed SIM card.
2. Phone will tell you to insert an allowed SIM card and that the phone will switch back to CDMA mode.
3. Click OK.
4. Click green button to get to the main screen of the phone.
5. Click on settings.
6. Click on all settings.
7. In the personal tab click on security.

8. Click on Remove SIM Lock.
9. The phone will ask you to enter the unlock code. Enter it. Done.

ALTERNATIVELY

For Sprint phone (e.g. HTC Evo Design 4G)

1. Insert not allowed SIM card.

2. Start the phone and type #3424#CODE_RECEIVED_FROM_US. (e.g. #3424#12345678)

but how do i get unlock code from verizon? also if i buy a used phone from ebay/swappa how to get unlock code?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech