Revone S-off/root method help?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to s-off my DNA and keep running into the same error. Hoping someone can help. Posted on xda, no response yet. This is what I've done so far and the error I ran into.

I moved adb and its two counterparts, and revone.dna into a folder named ADB_WIN, in my C: drive. From there, I typed cmd.exe in the search bar, it opened the command box. I typed in adb push revone.dna /data/local/tmp/ ENTER adb shell ENTER cd /data/local/tmp ENTER chmod 755 revone.dna ENTER ./revone.dna -P After that I get failure to map memory about 15 times, and then success, and then revone failed with error code 2. Any other times I've tried where I don't get an error, I get a gaining root access, success, and then the phone reboots. Its happened a few times, but the last 15 or so times I've gotten error code 2. Really want to get this phone rooted and s-off. Any help, please?

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
You may have caught these posts, but I'll paste them here in case you missed one. A few solutions seem to have helped some people.
Listing source posts from XDA so you can see them. Hope one of these helps.

[S-OFF] revone - DEVELOPER EARLY ACCESS Pg 5 | Droid DNA > XDA
Post by: fr4nk1yn Yesterday, 02:34 AM (Last edited by fr4nk1yn; Yesterday at 02:39 AM.) #49

[S-OFF] revone - DEVELOPER EARLY ACCESS Pg 6 | Droid DNA > XDA
Post by: likwidsoul Yesterday, 11:48 PM #52

[S-OFF] revone - DEVELOPER EARLY ACCESS Pg 6 | Droid DNA > XDA
Post by: Serinety Today, 12:12 AM #53

[S-OFF] revone - DEVELOPER EARLY ACCESS Pg 7 | Droid DNA > XDA
Post by: huskers15 Today, 11:26 AM #67

[S-OFF] revone - DEVELOPER EARLY ACCESS Pg 9 | Droid DNA > XDA
Post by: gfullwr70 Today, 07:00 PM #82

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks :) I left my phone and home and never saw these posts. I just managed to get it unlocked. Seemed really luck of the draw.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Roefastford

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Jennifer, so how did you get past the error code 1 & 2 on revone ? We kept having the same problem on my droid dna. I"am not the one doing it, just the guy with the dna wanting it s-off. I wish there was a better following on this phone like there use to be on the evo and evo 3g, it seems like there are not many good choices for bloat removed roms for the dna out there. Viperdna use to be good but it seems like they gave up on fixing the problems with no further updates. My dna just really sucks the data stops all the time, push the power button and starts again, and dont get me started on how crappy the wifi works, and I"am already rooted with htc method and no wifi tethering will work always errors. It just sucks big time, my rezound and evo 3d both worked better than this piece of work. So looking for the new replacement for the dna, the 2 or plus, hopefully it works better than this dna does.

fco2013

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
My advice, honestly, just use moonshine. They added windows support if you didn't like the idea of using Linux

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

clickclick#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't get the windows method to work so I just made a bootable flash drive and rooted that way it only took about 20mins total

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app