Clock not updating to right time

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
my roommate keeps having issues with her phone keeping correct time whether its on auto update or manual it is consistently 10 to 15 minutes slower than my at&t note 2.
Anyone else had this problem?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What settings is your Time function set to for syncing? Even if you manually update it there is still that option to keep it sync'd via network provided time.

Basically what I'm getting at is are you both running the same setup for time sync? That could be part of the problem.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
What settings is your Time function set to for syncing? Even if you manually update it there is still that option to keep it sync'd via network provided time.

Basically what I'm getting at is are you both running the same setup for time sync? That could be part of the problem.

mine is setup to automatically update from the network and hers is too most of the time until she gets tired of it not be right and she just updates it manually every few hrs when she realizes it is like 10 mins slow. At first i thought it might be the network clocks being a little off therefore making her phone off but my other roommate who is also on verizon has not had a problem with time being off.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm that is indeed strange...

I have no real idea beyond what I suggested or you have already done outside of a factory reset. I wouldn't think hardware related in any way.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
ill tell her to do a factory reset later today because we went to the verizon store yesterday and they updated to the newest jellybean available for her phone thinking it might be something to with not updating firmware, but today it was 15mins off again after less than 24hrs so factory reset will be next and the store said a new phone if it continues