Kindle App on OG Droid

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So I know this is the DNA forum, but the OG droid forum is completely dead and some of you guys are pretty smart, so maybe you can help me out.

I use the Kindle app to read E-Books on my tablet/phones but it runs extremely slow on my OG Droid. I know its an older phone so it'll be slower but this is ridiculously slow. I'm even OC'd to 800 Mhz. Do you guys have any recommendations? Maybe an older version of the app that isn't as demanding?

Thanks so much!

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried an older version? It might work, but I know my wife had this problem with her OG Droid but with a bunch of apps. How much RAM is left when you're using the app? We noticed that she had next to none every time this problem popped up, so we figured that was the culprit. And it got worse every time Google updated their stock apps causing more RAM to get eaten up. I'm sure yours is rooted, so you might try removing any apps you don't use that eat up available RAM and see if that helps. Let me know.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried an older version? It might work, but I know my wife had this problem with her OG Droid but with a bunch of apps. How much RAM is left when you're using the app? We noticed that she had next to none every time this problem popped up, so we figured that was the culprit. And it got worse every time Google updated their stock apps causing more RAM to get eaten up. I'm sure yours is rooted, so you might try removing any apps you don't use that eat up available RAM and see if that helps. Let me know.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks! Yeah, it does eat up a ton of RAM. I'm sure the older versions didn't use so much, but now that the phones are more powerful they're less careful. I've removed every app that I don't use and (I know its bad, and I hate doing it) but I use a task killer religiously on this thing because its so short on RAM and android doesn't seem to be doing a very good job killing apps automatically. I want to use an older version, but I'm not sure where I would get an archived version of kindle. Any recommendations?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I might try posting over at xda and see if any of those guys have an old apk laying around. I guess you could also try contacting Amazon and see if they can send you one, but I'm skeptical that they'll come through for you. My last thought is to find someone who has an old version on one of their old phones and have them send it to you. I have version 3.5.1.1 on my old Thunderbolt, but unfortunately, I updated it not too long ago so it's probably newer than what you're looking for. However, I'm sure someone has an older version sitting on an unused phone, and hopefully they'll read this and help you out.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I might try posting over at xda and see if any of those guys have an old apk laying around. I guess you could also try contacting Amazon and see if they can send you one, but I'm skeptical that they'll come through for you. My last thought is to find someone who has an old version on one of their old phones and have them send it to you. I have version 3.5.1.1 on my old Thunderbolt, but unfortunately, I updated it not too long ago so it's probably newer than what you're looking for. However, I'm sure someone has an older version sitting on an unused phone, and hopefully they'll read this and help you out.

Hopefully! This is so much work to get the kindle app! I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463