Droid DNA lost my Navigation Icon on phone

David Brinkley

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I was using my Navigation feature yesterday that came with the phone. This morning I get up in the morning and the icon is not on my rolling list of Icons and Apps. It has disappeared and when I search I cannot find it. How did it disappear?

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I believe that this was a part of the new google maps update, and that navigation can be found inside Google Maps.

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep, same here. With the update, Navigation is no longer a separate icon in Maps either - no separate icon in my Apps drawer, and no direct access in Maps. It looks like you have to type or say the destination in Maps, then select your preferred route, then you are offered a "Start" for turn-by-turn navigation at the bottom. Fortunately, it looks like you can do everything through Google search. You can say " navigate to Disneyland" and it takes you directly to turn-by-turn navigation. I would like the direct access icon back though.

Obed Toro

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I lost my icon assumed that my son erase my GPS so I went ahead and reset my phone. and had one hell of a time jailbreaking it thanks for those assholes Google

Lizz Nieves

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
All you need to do is uninstall the update ny going to settings then applications then scroll thru list till you get to Google maps then click it then click uninstall updates and the navigation icon will come back nine of your addresses will be there. I did it. Very happy its back.

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I lost my icon assumed that my son erase my GPS so I went ahead and reset my phone. and had one hell of a time jailbreaking it thanks for those assholes Google

"Jailbreaking"? This isn't an iPhone. And why would you need to do that anyways? I think your a bit confused.

Posted via Android Central App

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I just put the map icon where the navigation icon was, works fine. Google seems to have remembered lots of my destinations. No problem adjusting to a new App version it just seems better to me.

Your Smartphone is only as Smart as you are

Troy Vink

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Lizz!! Made my life happy again, until another update push. Is there a way to turn off the updates for this specific application?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused as to why some of you want the navigation icon, when the navigation is now fully integrated into Google Maps?

I haven't undone the update, but I personally preferred the navigation icon as it was more convenient to me to press the navigation button, Google voice, and navigate. Opposed to maps, navigation, destination, Google voice, navigate. And I just haven't gotten the hang of long press home button, Google voice, Google navigate to address, and navigate.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I use Nav all the time, Maps rarely. It's an extra unnecessary step to open Maps, then hit the navigate button. Virtually zero benefit to me to have them integrated.

Posted via Android Central App

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I haven't undone the update, but I personally preferred the navigation icon as it was more convenient to me to press the navigation button, Google voice, and navigate. Opposed to maps, navigation, destination, Google voice, navigate. And I just haven't gotten the hang of long press home button, Google voice, Google navigate to address, and navigate.

I touch the Google now mic button, say "navigate to 'destination'" and its done lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I touch the Google now mic button, say "navigate to 'destination'" and its done lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I don't have a google now or Google search widget on my page. In fact, I don't use Google now, it's disabled. So I have to long home press>voice button>speak address>click navigate compared to the previous click navigation>voice button>speak address>navigate. It's relatively the same amount of steps, I just have to get accustomed to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12