Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Droid DNA lost my Navigation Icon on phone

I was using my Navigation feature yesterday that came with the phone. This morning I get up in the morning and the icon is not on my rolling list of Icons and Apps. It has disappeared and when I search I cannot find it. How did it disappear?
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Default Re: Droid DNA lost my Navigation Icon on phone

I believe that this was a part of the new google maps update, and that navigation can be found inside Google Maps.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Yep, same here. With the update, Navigation is no longer a separate icon in Maps either - no separate icon in my Apps drawer, and no direct access in Maps. It looks like you have to type or say the destination in Maps, then select your preferred route, then you are offered a "Start" for turn-by-turn navigation at the bottom. Fortunately, it looks like you can do everything through Google search. You can say " navigate to Disneyland" and it takes you directly to turn-by-turn navigation. I would like the direct access icon back though.

no it can't you musta really know what you're talking about Google are a bunch of freaking retards

I lost my icon assumed that my son erase my GPS so I went ahead and reset my phone. and had one hell of a time jailbreaking it thanks for those assholes Google

All you need to do is uninstall the update ny going to settings then applications then scroll thru list till you get to Google maps then click it then click uninstall updates and the navigation icon will come back nine of your addresses will be there. I did it. Very happy its back.
    Thanked by 2:

Sounds like misdirected anger. Or previous iPhone user.

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock Sense 4+

Quote Originally Posted by Obed Toro View Post
    I lost my icon assumed that my son erase my GPS so I went ahead and reset my phone. and had one hell of a time jailbreaking it thanks for those assholes Google
    "Jailbreaking"? This isn't an iPhone. And why would you need to do that anyways? I think your a bit confused.

I just put the map icon where the navigation icon was, works fine. Google seems to have remembered lots of my destinations. No problem adjusting to a new App version it just seems better to me.

Your Smartphone is only as Smart as you are

Thanks this fixed my problem! Awesome

Thank you so much!

Thanks Lizz!! Made my life happy again, until another update push. Is there a way to turn off the updates for this specific application?

I uninstalled the maps updates and my navigation icon is back! Very easy. Thank you!

ROM
    CM10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri Wood View Post
    I uninstalled the maps updates and my navigation icon is back! Very easy. Thank you!
    I'm confused as to why some of you want the navigation icon, when the navigation is now fully integrated into Google Maps?
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

Stock Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Help me root it if you're up to the challenge!)
    Legalized Drug Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.Lynch View Post
    I'm confused as to why some of you want the navigation icon, when the navigation is now fully integrated into Google Maps?
    They hang out with the same person who does a factory reset when he can't find an app.
    -Matt

HTC DNA
    Thanked by 2:
    Daniel.Lynch and mithed like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I haven't undone the update, but I personally preferred the navigation icon as it was more convenient to me to press the navigation button, Google voice, and navigate. Opposed to maps, navigation, destination, Google voice, navigate. And I just haven't gotten the hang of long press home button, Google voice, Google navigate to address, and navigate.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

FWIW, it looks like the latest, latest version of Maps gives you the "Navigation" and "Local" icons back.

I use Nav all the time, Maps rarely. It's an extra unnecessary step to open Maps, then hit the navigate button. Virtually zero benefit to me to have them integrated.

mightyfacundo likes this.

ROM
    CM10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    I haven't undone the update, but I personally preferred the navigation icon as it was more convenient to me to press the navigation button, Google voice, and navigate. Opposed to maps, navigation, destination, Google voice, navigate. And I just haven't gotten the hang of long press home button, Google voice, Google navigate to address, and navigate.

I touch the Google now mic button, say "navigate to 'destination'" and its done lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I touch the Google now mic button, say "navigate to 'destination'" and its done lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I don't have a google now or Google search widget on my page. In fact, I don't use Google now, it's disabled. So I have to long home press>voice button>speak address>click navigate compared to the previous click navigation>voice button>speak address>navigate. It's relatively the same amount of steps, I just have to get accustomed to it.

ROM
    CM10.2

I don't have a google now or Google search widget on my page. In fact, I don't use Google now, it's disabled. So I have to long home press>voice button>speak address>click navigate compared to the previous click navigation>voice button>speak address>navigate. It's relatively the same amount of steps, I just have to get accustomed to it.

May I ask why you don't use Google Now? I've grown to love it, its sped up my phone usage exponentially.
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

May I ask why you don't use Google Now? I've grown to love it, its sped up my phone usage exponentially.
    I just haven't gotten around to it, lol. I turn off all features on my phone that I don't use, and turn them on when I need them. Google now just isn't one I have needed.

ROM
    CM10.2

I just haven't gotten around to it, lol. I turn off all features on my phone that I don't use, and turn them on when I need them. Google now just isn't one I have needed.

Oh man, you gotta give it a try!
    CM10.2 HTC Droid DNA

CM7 OG Droid

Oh man, you gotta give it a try!
    I actually like it a lot but sometimes it gets a little creepy: Google Now goes into my email, reads my airline itinerary, pops up a reminder card to tell me that it is time to leave for the airport, along with a suggestion that I Nav the route; pops up another card with my airline flight, gate, and on - time status; then pops up a third card with weather at my current location AND my destination city! And we thought Big Brother was going to be the government...!

need my navagation

- - - Updated - - -

lost my navagation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast