We're all Verizon here... how do you all feel about this Edge plan?

joansin

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I love my gadgets, I'm in love with my DNA but am going to the HTC One once it comes around (come one already). But I am doing so because I have a third line that has an upgrade available.... what are your thoughts on this new Edge plan and do you think it will be worth it? Every six months sounds about right for me.....

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The price of the phone is spread out over the 24 month service plan. You can upgrade after 6 months, but only if 50% of the retail price of the phone has been paid, which would mean if you wish to upgrade after 6 months, you have to pay double your monthly payments on the phone each month. This is still a lot easier for most people than paying full price up front and waiting a year or two years. I think that no matter what its only good for us because it gives us more options. I won't be using it too much, I tend to stick with a phone for two or more years.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I would probably take advantage of it to get a new phone yearly of there were device that I though worthy. It does bug me though that the cost of the service is the same whether getting a subsidized phone or not.

Posted via Android Central App

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to use it, just so I can get the most updated and fast phone. I plan on keeping my DNA as a backup.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

joansin

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the retail price thing bugs me. Especially if they expect you to be on contract (which I'm assuming). I love my DNA, btw.... but my co-worker is still sportin' the Galaxy Nexus and is drooling over it so I told him $200 bucks and it's his when I get my HTC One. Paying retail for a phone and no break (other than the fact they "loan" you the money for retail costs) doesn't feel like much of perk. $200 a month you'd think they'd at least let me continue to upgrade yearly......

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
From the articles I've read, you would be better off buying a phone from Best Buy. At least that way you don't get shafted as hard... haha

I'm on an unlimited plan, and it sounds like you have to be with the share everything plan in order to even use this? Personally, I don't need the cutting edge right away. I'd rather buy used, save a few dollars, and reap the experience of a community that has had time to really dig into the hardware.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just Verizon trying to entice people to give up their unlimited data.
I will never give up my unlimited data for 2 reasons:
- I am a data hog.
- It passes Verizon off and they twitch every time we go over 2GB without paying more.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It's cool and I'm glad carriers are trying new things but Tmobile's everything seems more appealing to me. Hopefully they can get better coverage within a year or two because I'd definitely switch over.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Why can't the carriers just offer an earlier upgrade with a regular contract. They know OEMS release new flagships every year not two.

If its more money their after, they could just charge extra for it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just them giving the finger to anyone like me with unlimited data. On top of that there jacking the price of insurance up $2 a month.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i think it's a ripoff. the service plan pricing includes the cost of the subsidized phone, that won't change. now you can buy the phone at full retail, finance it for 2 years and pay that on top the cost of a subsidized phone. in effect paying twice for the phone. at&t is doing the same thing. what makes t-mobile different is that they took the subsidized price out of their plans, reducing plan pricing. so with them you truly are only paying for the phone once. if only t-mobile had better coverage.

justwar88

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I usually make it about 6 months with a phone before I am ready to swap.. Unfortunate for me but great for Verizon.. I have spent too much money on smartphones but man do I love them! lol... I definitely think I will take advantage of this.. Granted their is something better out by the time im tired of the DNA

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I went to check out the HTC One at an AT&T store and I don't think I can downgrade to that smaller screen at this point. Typing on it was difficult compared to my DNA, with SwiftKey on my phone though. What do you think about downgrading to a smaller screen from your DNA?

from my DNA

justwar88

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I went to check out the HTC One at an AT&T store and I don't think I can downgrade to that smaller screen at this point. Typing on it was difficult compared to my DNA, with SwiftKey on my phone though. What do you think about downgrading to a smaller screen from your DNA?

from my DNA

You know I was going to wait for the One to get a new phone but now I have sense 5 running on the DNA and I would definitely not downgrade to the One for any reason. Bigger Screen and wireless charging are whats keeping me.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I think it's always good to have more options; but personally, I'm not touching it. I'll be keeping my unlimited data that I've had since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
You know I was going to wait for the One to get a new phone but now I have sense 5 running on the DNA and I would definitely not downgrade to the One for any reason. Bigger Screen and wireless charging are whats keeping me.

awesome. What ROM are you running with Sense 5? Do all of the features like native MMS and the native browser work?

from my DNA

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I dont mind it honestly. Just an option in the end if i really wanted a new phone bad enough. Beyond that, I cant really complain about it.

joansin

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site

from my DNA

I did the same thing... I went to a Cincinnati Bell and AT&T to check out the One and the screen is smaller. That is the ONLY thing I don't like about it. I do like how it fits in my hand and the feel of it is amazing. I'm going to end up throwing Nova on it and using Swype because I can't stand the Sense UI. I love the DNA but I've wanted the M7 since I seen it. I have someone that is buying my DNA but don't want to let it go. Can't use two phones though....