Sim card issues...still?!

cmslota

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else having sim card and connectivity issues with this phone? When it first came out I saw all sorts of threads about it but months later, after the software update fixing this issue, I'm finding a sim card picture up in my notification bar and zero connectivity to the mobile network. Usually a restart fixes it...but not always.

I'm on the phone with Verizon right now to see if I can fix it but is anybody else going through this? Did they just make you get a "new" phone?

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I just replaced my SIM card on Friday, and, the error will still pop up. I didn't purchase through Verizon, so, that isn't an option to me. You might wait a while and, see if they will give a One for a replacement.

dnickb

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm on DNA number 4.They keep sending me new ones and I keep sending them back

It sucks, because this is a great phone except for the SIM issue (and the Wi-Fi issue everyone of them has had, but that's a different issue entirely).

I have better luck going into the store. Its to the point were several of the employees know me by my first name and my issue. It's sad really.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I still get the SIM card error. Had the SIM card replaced a few weeks ago and the issue seems better, but still happens. They offered a replacement phone but I turned them down as everything I read seems to indicate a hardware change doesn't solve the problem.

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
On my 4th SIM card - same original DNA though. Replacing the SIM card seems to work for a while, but then the error starts occurring again. Gret phone, but I wish it would quit eating SIM cards.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I was having sim issues and I put a little piece of scotch tape on the outside of my sim and I have no more sim issues.
I did the same about two weeks ago, and so far so good... Crossing my fingers that it holds out.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

D_Norm_A

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the SIM card issue into the first month of owning my DNA. I did the tape fix & made sure there were no prints on the contacts. No problem since.
When I researched the problem, seems that the SIM door is the problem and not the card itself. The tape worked for me.

Sent from my DNA...

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Never had an error. Havent touched the sim since it was activated. Guess I'm lucky.

Posted via Android Central App

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm on DNA number 4.They keep sending me new ones and I keep sending them back

It sucks, because this is a great phone except for the SIM issue (and the Wi-Fi issue everyone of them has had, but that's a different issue entirely).

I have better luck going into the store. Its to the point were several of the employees know me by my first name and my issue. It's sad really.

I had the SIM issue and the Wi-Fi issue. I had a replacement sent in and have experienced no SIM or Wi-Fi issues since.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Have been getting SIM errors lately. I am going to try and get a replacement. Sounds like hardware defect and will push for a different phone eventually.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Have been getting SIM errors lately. I am going to try and get a replacement. Sounds like hardware defect and will push for a different phone eventually.

It may be a hardware issue but it's not universal. I've had my DNA for three months and have never had a problem. Nor any issues with wifi, which I use literally daily.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No... On the back (non-contact side) of the SIM card itself.

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2
Good to know, I will give this a try if the error pops up again, had DNA since the release date and never had an issue with it until yesterday. I didn't drop my phone or tossed it around, all of the sudden the SIM card error started to show up like every other hour, restart the phone fixes it but it was getting very annoying. Called Verizon and of course the support was no help at all. The guy wanted to know what programs I have installed on my phone. kinda just hang up on him and went to the corp store, the guy was helping me was too busy flirting with a young girl and didn't even bother talking to me and just replaced the SIM card and left me standing there for 20 minutes like an ***** until he finally remembers to activate it.
I think the SIM card error also caused my battery to drain like crazy... hopefully the tape trick will correct it.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Good to know, I will give this a try if the error pops up again, had DNA since the release date and never had an issue with it until yesterday. I didn't drop my phone or tossed it around, all of the sudden the SIM card error started to show up like every other hour, restart the phone fixes it but it was getting very annoying. Called Verizon and of course the support was no help at all. The guy wanted to know what programs I have installed on my phone. kinda just hang up on him and went to the corp store, the guy was helping me was too busy flirting with a young girl and didn't even bother talking to me and just replaced the SIM card and left me standing there for 20 minutes like an ***** until he finally remembers to activate it.
I think the SIM card error also caused my battery to drain like crazy... hopefully the tape trick will correct it.

The replacement SIM card didn't fix the error? If not, I would attempt to get a replacement DNA.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The replacement SIM card didn't fix the error? If not, I would attempt to get a replacement DNA.
If at all possible I would prefer to keep my current one, I did the tape trick today and will see if any more sim error shows up. It's just a lot of work to restore and set up the phone back to exactly the way I like. Not to mention I am already thinking of getting a new phone in the next couple month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma