Sim card issues...still?!

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
If at all possible I would prefer to keep my current one, I did the tape trick today and will see if any more sim error shows up. It's just a lot of work to restore and set up the phone back to exactly the way I like. Not to mention I am already thinking of getting a new phone in the next couple month.

If you are planning on getting a new phone a refurbished DNA will sell for more than a slightly used defective one. There are also plenty of utilities like Helium backup that can assist you in restoring your phone to your current set up. I know how annoying it is to set everything up again, I feel your pain.

speedtrip

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just started to have the problem again im on my second device and the headphone port just quit working , what a piece of garbage .
Going to try a get another one if at all possible

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just started to have the problem again im on my second device and the headphone port just quit working , what a piece of garbage .
Going to try a get another one if at all possible

I had some issues with the headphone port on my first DNA. It wasn't recognizing that it was plugged into headphones on only certain plugs.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine just started to do that too. Did you get it fixed, replaced?

It wasn't doing it with any headphones or jacks that I was using regularly so I didn't feel the need to replace it over that, but I did end up getting it replaced for a Wi-Fi and SIM Card issue, and my new DNA I haven't had any issues with headphones or audio cables at all.

speedtrip

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Had them exchange it last week and the replacement just started doing it again NO SIM so tomorrow going back .
Here comes the 4th piece of trash

speedtrip

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I took my phone to Verizon yesterday and showed them what was happening AGAIN and I was told they never heard of any such problems with sim card errors I looked at them like they had three heads and said excuse me you just replaced my DNA not to long ago with this very problem , then they tried activating another SIM card I told them he was wasting his and my time but he proceeded anyways, he couldn't so he called tech support they couldn't either so he was transferred to tech 2 support and of coarse they couldn't , heres where it gets very interesting ,
tech support went as far as to tell me that my devise wasn't covered under warranty and I would have to call and turn it in under an insurance claim I said WHAT you have got to be kidding me
theres a year manufactures warranty till November they just said sorry needless to say I wasn't very happy .
So I went to AT&T got me an hTc ONE with new number and called it a day .
Later that evening I called Verizon customer support and told them what had happened and customer support was VERY apologetic and said your new DNA will be there Friday afternoon and to contact the store manager to tell them how you was treated .
I got home from work tonight and there was a Fed-Ex box waiting for me with not a referb but a brand new DNA .
I called AT&T had my Verizon number ported and called Verizon back told them GOODBYE I was taking my business else where and have a nice day .
So now I have a new DNA to sale and met up with a old flame from High school who manages the AT&T here in town who got me the ONE at her cost .

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I took my phone to Verizon yesterday and showed them what was happening AGAIN and I was told they never heard of any such problems with sim card errors I looked at them like they had three heads and said excuse me you just replaced my DNA not to long ago with this very problem , then they tried activating another SIM card I told them he was wasting his and my time but he proceeded anyways, he couldn't so he called tech support they couldn't either so he was transferred to tech 2 support and of coarse they couldn't , heres where it gets very interesting ,
tech support went as far as to tell me that my devise wasn't covered under warranty and I would have to call and turn it in under an insurance claim I said WHAT you have got to be kidding me
theres a year manufactures warranty till November they just said sorry needless to say I wasn't very happy .
So I went to AT&T got me an hTc ONE with new number and called it a day .
Later that evening I called Verizon customer support and told them what had happened and customer support was VERY apologetic and said your new DNA will be there Friday afternoon and to contact the store manager to tell them how you was treated .
I got home from work tonight and there was a Fed-Ex box waiting for me with not a referb but a brand new DNA .
I called AT&T had my Verizon number ported and called Verizon back told them GOODBYE I was taking my business else where and have a nice day .
So now I have a new DNA to sale and met up with a old flame from High school who manages the AT&T here in town who got me the ONE at her cost .

Nice, sorry about your bad experience with Verizon. I don't understand how they can say your phone isn't covered under warranty when the phone hasn't even been out for a whole year? Crazy.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Just got my replacement today. Haven't set it up yet. We'll see if I get the issue again. If I do, I will push for a similar phone replacement.

Posted via Android Central App

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just got my replacement today. Haven't set it up yet. We'll see if I get the issue again. If I do, I will push for a similar phone replacement.

Posted via Android Central App

As of a couple days ago... I started getting the SIM card error again. smh HTC c'mon guys. Ruining a great phone with something so insignificant.

D roid

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
My DNA just started doing this today. I have had it since January with no issues. Now all of a sudden 3 times in one day. Don't know if this is related but I just bought a new Ford truck 3 days ago and have been using the DNA with the Ford Sync system. Coincidence? Up until now, I rarely if ever used the bluetooth. For the last couple of days I've been toggling the BT when getting in and out of the truck. (works fine with Sync btw) I am trying the scotch tape fix. Just put it on. We'll see...

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My DNA just started doing this today. I have had it since January with no issues. Now all of a sudden 3 times in one day. Don't know if this is related but I just bought a new Ford truck 3 days ago and have been using the DNA with the Ford Sync system. Coincidence? Up until now, I rarely if ever used the bluetooth. For the last couple of days I've been toggling the BT when getting in and out of the truck. (works fine with Sync btw) I am trying the scotch tape fix. Just put it on. We'll see...

You know what, I was recently driving a rental car that had bluetooth in it. I had never been using it before and I'm driving my own car without bluetooth and I haven't had the issue... It was a 2013 Acura.

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same sim card issue. I first resolved it by taking off my case, it must have been bumping the sim card or something of the sort as my issues didn't start until I put this case on. After a few months of no issues, I began to have the issue around once a day. Restarting my phone always resolved it. One day it would constantly have the problem, not even restarting it would help. So I took out the sim tray, and with a lint free cotton pad and 97% alcohol, I cleaned the sim card contacts, and all the sides of the tray. I let it dry for a second and then pushed it back in. The tray used to be flush with the rest of the phone, but when I put put it back in, it is now recessed ever so slightly.
I have had 0 issues with my phone since I did this about a month ago. I believe it is a physical rather than a software issue, if putting tape, or cleaning contacts resolves the issue for so many.
Also, I drive a 2013 Ford Focus and constantly am using sync and bluetooth so I don't believe that is an issue.
Hope this helps someone.

CiCi0110

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I originally bought my DNA back in December 2012. I didn't have a single problem with it until about a year later..All the sudden the dreaded SIM card error started occurring, randomly at first, then every day, then several times a day. Restarting my phone always worked, but the battery life was taking a toll. I finally took it to Verizon, had them replace the SIM and all was well, for a DAY.. After that, my phone literally went CRAZY and kept trying to turn on, over and over until it died. I lost all my pictures and music (this was before Cloud was widely avail. on all devices). They sent me a replacement under warranty, since it's termed a manufactures defect. I got my replacement phone, went through the painful process of setting the new phone up, and all was well . Until last week, when I did the new android updates through Verizon..Kit Kat 4.4.2... Now all the sudden, here's the SIM card error again, several times a day..again! Back to restarting my phone 8 million times a day, with no hope for battery to withstand all day... I am extremely disappointed to have this issue on a NEW phone with a NEW SIM card, AFTER the problem was supposedly "fixed" by HTC. Upgrade is available in December, guess who's not getting an HTC?

Last edited:

parallax2

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Not that it's a fix, but try Signal Reset. At least it will get your connection back even if you don't notice it's out and you don't have to turn the phone on and off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11