Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google services draining battery

As you can see, Google services is killing my battery. This was about a week ago. Since then I have been keeping my GPS off and disabled Google now. I have had this phone since December and never had any issues. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Google services draining battery-1375976178955.jpg   Google services draining battery-1375976192448.jpg   Google services draining battery-1375976204736.jpg  

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

Default Re: Google services draining battery

Only occurs when WiFi is turned on _AND_ Location services> Wi-Fi & mobile network location is checked.
    - Unchecking Location services> Wi-Fi & mobile network location stops the wakelock and consequently battery drain.
    dheath2000 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My Wi-Fi was off the entire time though.. recently I have been turning off location settings but Google services still is using 12-15% of my battery

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Ok i found out the same thing on my phone as f I have a fix... I do not use Google now so I went tos settings in Google... Went to privacy accounts, went to Google location and turned off location reporting... Battery lasts a lot longer.
    dhimanghosh likes this.

Carrier
    CM10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Lefank View Post
    Ok i found out the same thing on my phone as f I have a fix... I do not use Google now so I went tos settings in Google... Went to privacy accounts, went to Google location and turned off location reporting... Battery lasts a lot longer.
    So many people have issues with this, I feel like this needs to be a sticky.

I'm almost positive this has to do with this, Android Device Manager beginning to push to phones | Android Central

It started right after this was introduced for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefank View Post
    Yes I also tried disabling the general location settings, but that didn't work. Wiped my phone, and till now has seen only Google location reporting (accessible via google settings app) drain a lot of battery. Only disadvantage is that you don't get location based cards in Google now.

I started turning my phone off at night and restarting a couple times a day thinking it was a rogue app that needed reset. After a couple weeks it just fixed itself.......no idea why. I didn't turn off any locations services and I use google now constantly

Do you know how to do that on Galaxy S4? My phone had 100% of battery charge last night and when I woke up this morning, my phone was off. Charged the battery again and found out that Google Services had used 56% of battery life :@@

Thanks for the help in advance.

Just had the same thing. Phone fully charged this morning, 15% half an hour ago. Google Services using 49% of battery. There's some postings that point the finger at Android Device Manager...