NOS_v3.0.2 update

tonkatruck7

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone updated to this to Rom yet? I put it on last night and have been liking it a lot. Only problem I have so far is I cannot find my pictures. I cannot say anything for music since I don't have any on my phone. On xda they say to look at data/media/0/. I can't find any pictures following that path. Any help would be great!

Chive on and donate to the Chive Charities to change someone's life.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I flashed over the weekend, love it. I also tried Newts Google Edition for a bit after using his 2.03 NOS. Waited for 3.02 to go back to Sense, Google Edition was ok but needed work. This ROM is nice, and I too am going through the whole 0 folder thing on my DNA after flashing. I just did a SD wipe to start fresh.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I flashed over the weekend, love it. I also tried Newts Google Edition for a bit after using his 2.03 NOS. Waited for 3.02 to go back to Sense, Google Edition was ok but needed work. This ROM is nice, and I too am going through the whole 0 folder thing on my DNA after flashing. I just did a SD wipe to start fresh.

I'm thinking of an sd wipe eventually. I think I will wait until they update the Rom with the VZW one source.

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

If u do a SD card wipe does it delete your nandroid backup? Or is that safe inside clockwork mod folder. I might do one as well but wait like jennifer said below. Have to much space I think is being eaten up unnecessarily. What are the steps if i decide to do one?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If u do a SD card wipe does it delete your nandroid backup? Or is that safe inside clockwork mod folder. I might do one as well but wait like jennifer said below. Have to much space I think is being eaten up unnecessarily. What are the steps if i decide to do one?

I believe formatting the sd would remove the nandroid back up. It is always best to keep a copy on your computer, as well. You can do a full wipe of the system and sdcard, and push the Rom through ADB. I don't know if it would require you to reflash the recovery, though. I will try to find out and give you a more detailed answer.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I believe formatting the sd would remove the nandroid back up. It is always best to keep a copy on your computer, as well. You can do a full wipe of the system and sdcard, and push the Rom through ADB. I don't know if it would require you to reflash the recovery, though. I will try to find out and give you a more detailed answer.

Running bone stock...every word in there is in English, but if that's the abbreviated version, the detailed one isn't going to make any more sense to me! :)

Sent from my Highly Technically Capable DNA

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

Yes, it will wipe your Nandroid. More your folder over to PC, I use TRWP and moved that over along with a few other folders. What I did forget to move over was my Titanium Backup and I was really upset at myself. It was late and I rushed myself, had to setup my apps and login into them. Sucked. TiBu is a life saver.

Posted via Android Central App

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of an sd wipe eventually. I think I will wait until they update the Rom with the VZW one source.

Hope the source is all they use, reason I left the Google Edition is the gap I noticed on the top and bottom of home screen icoms that seems to be there due to the source coming from a 4.7" screen and installing it on a 5" screen. Not sure how to explain that.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hope the source is all they use, reason I left the Google Edition is the gap I noticed on the top and bottom of home screen icoms that seems to be there due to the source coming from a 4.7" screen and installing it on a 5" screen. Not sure how to explain that.

The sense 5 4.2.2 has a bit of a weird translation on the 5" screen, too.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
The sense 5 4.2.2 has a bit of a weird translation on the 5" screen, too.

I believe that home screen fix zip he has on the OP on XDA fixes that. It looks like if you flash the ROM, you have a 6x4 icon layout which I like. I flashed his home screen fix zip and went to a 5x4 icon layout. I reflashed ROM to get the 6x4 back.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I went back to NOS 3.02, I like the bug of having a 5 row home screen. And 3.03 had the NFC notification on top, along with reading it had the Verizon WiFi notification. I think Newt fixed a few things on 3.04. But I like the 5 rows.