CM10.2 + crpalmer kernel = mmmm mmmm good

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Been running this combo for a while now. And I must say butter smooth and is now my DD. Never had any issues so far and the benches are pretty nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-19-21-59-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-19-21-59-13.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 60

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Scores are cool, but what is real world experience like? Any issues with bluetooth, ear piece volume, or the GPS? I've run CM on all of my previous phones, but haven't made the jump yet on the DNA yet. I don't know if it's my reluctance to have a phone with software issues or maybe I've just gotten lazy. It also helps that Google has moved most of the coolest features over to Google Services. Anyway, sorry for the bit of a rant, but I'd love to hear some specifics about your experience.

Steve

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So far I have not had any issues and it is buttery smooth. Some people reported a few issues but I never seen any with this ROM and kernel combo.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Scores are cool, but what is real world experience like? Any issues with bluetooth, ear piece volume, or the GPS? I've run CM on all of my previous phones, but haven't made the jump yet on the DNA yet. I don't know if it's my reluctance to have a phone with software issues or maybe I've just gotten lazy. It also helps that Google has moved most of the coolest features over to Google Services. Anyway, sorry for the bit of a rant, but I'd love to hear some specifics about your experience.

Steve

I'm using CM 10.1 by the same developer. I'm going to be moving to 10.2 soon.
I'm experiencing VERY minor issues compared to the other ROMs I've tried. When streaming bluetooth audio, the sound will skip occasionally, and for some reason, I won't get text message notifications from time to time. I guess flashing crpalmer kernel is supposed to fix the bluetooth issue, but I heard that it causes other issues as well.

The only reason I waited for 10.2 was because 10.1 was more bugless. These ROMs are the most bugless I've used yet. ViperDNA was relatively bugless but was shutting down on me constantly.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I made the jump, running 10.2. I won't know until tomorrow whether bluetooth streams nicely, but the only thing I've noticed are resolution issues. Some graphics just look bigger. I don't know if it is just my imagination or not, I probably couldn't tell for sure unless comparing CM to stock side by side.

Any rate, so far so good.

Posted via Android Central App

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I made the jump, running 10.2. I won't know until tomorrow whether bluetooth streams nicely, but the only thing I've noticed are resolution issues. Some graphics just look bigger. I don't know if it is just my imagination or not, I probably couldn't tell for sure unless comparing CM to stock side by side.

Any rate, so far so good.

I upgraded as well. Even more bugless than 10.1 for me, I've only been having some issues with camera stability.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded as well. Even more bugless than 10.1 for me, I've only been having some issues with camera stability.

Yeah, I discovered that this morning while getting my daughter on the bus to Kindergarten. The stock Camera app works, but Focal just leaves me with a grey image in Gallery.

I have only once noticed flickering and Bluetooth behaves by turning it off and back on using the quick setting.

So far no real annoying show stoppers and I really like being back in a nearly stock system. Sense want bad, but it did make some things less simple with no apparent benefit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci