Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I consider myself a Techie and want the latest and greatest. I got a free droid dna in April and have been looking at the HTC one. I'm eligible to upgrade. Should I pay to upgrade or just stay with the dna? Any big differences? I put this in the one forum but no one previously owned the one. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid DNA

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you need front facing speakers, Sense 5 without rooting and a smaller screen? If yes, then the one might be for you. I personally wouldnt swap my DNA for the ONE as its just not a big enough of an upgrade overall. Its a really nice phone no doubt, but coming from a DNA, just doesnt seem to be nice enough to throw the DNA aside. Any other phone on Verizon, I would for sure go for the ONE.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
If you really want the latest and greatest, I would probably hold off a bit. The One is definitely a great device, but is already nearly six months old. Personally, I would wait until the next big thing and assuming that VZW is a launch day carrier, get it on launch day.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I see you posted this question in the general HTC One forum. Being that the DNA was Verizon exclusive, you might get more responses from the Verizon HTC One specific forum.
Better chance that someone with a new One came from a DNA.

I consider myself a Techie and want the latest and greatest. I got a free droid dna in April and have been looking at the HTC one. I'm eligible to upgrade. Should I pay to upgrade or just stay with the dna? Any big differences? I put this in the one forum but no one previously owned the one. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid DNA

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I going to wait and see if the one max come to verizon. Should be a better upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I would WAY rather wait for the DNA 2 or dlx plus, if that's ever coming to the States.

from my DNA

this is my plan, I am really hoping for another butterfly/dna to come over here. Butterfly S is my perfect smartphone. I would buy it in a second if it showed up here.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
this is my plan, I am really hoping for another butterfly/dna to come over here. Butterfly S is my perfect smartphone. I would buy it in a second if it showed up here.

yep. I'm really fine with the DNA as is, with stock OS even. After messing around a bit with Sense 5 on the One at the ATT store, I really didn't like it actually.. i found it annoying to say the least. especially the phone app. I can't go to a smaller screen at this point anyway. but I will say that the One screen is definitely brighter than the DNA screen. Is it just me or is the DNA still sharper??

from my DNA

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
yep. I'm really fine with the DNA as is, with stock OS even. After messing around a bit with Sense 5 on the One at the ATT store, I really didn't like it actually.. i found it annoying to say the least. especially the phone app. I can't go to a smaller screen at this point anyway. but I will say that the One screen is definitely brighter than the DNA screen. Is it just me or is the DNA still sharper??

from my DNA

I preferred the DNA screen, something about seemed cleaner. The One still looked amazing in its own right of course. Both are amazing phones, 2 best phones on Verizon IMO

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Love the DNA but would not go back after owning the One.

Screen size difference is negligible
Resolution is the same (if not better on the One)
Speakers night and day difference
Battery significantly better
16 additional GB takes care of any memory issues
One handed operation easier
Infrared is just friggin cool
Camera is better
Snapdragon 600....smooth as butter
Aluminum chassis....
Accessories galore and more everyday

What I miss about the DNA....wireless charging. Yet it's not nearly enough to make me go back.
That being said, if the One did not exist I would still own a DNA...it still that good!
If a Butterfly S were to make it here I would have a very difficult decision to make.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am going to wait and see what the Nexus 5 looks like. An LTE phone that for $300 outright is attractive to me. If it is based on the G2 it could be very nice.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There will certainly be a Nexus5 or whatever they decide to call it. The big question is whether Verizon will carry it. Similar to the Butterfly dilemma.....

I am going to wait and see what the Nexus 5 looks like. An LTE phone that for $300 outright is attractive to me. If it is based on the G2 it could be very nice.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't it have something to do with GSM vs. CDMA? Wasn't the N4 GSM only? I don't think unlocking a phone makes a difference here. Definitely not my area of expertise.
Also, I was under the impression that Google was done with Verizon and would not be providing them with any more Nexus phones.

Does Verizon have to carry it? I always assumed a Nexus phone would be provider unlocked.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Does Verizon have to carry it? I always assumed a Nexus phone would be provider unlocked.

Provider unlocked doesn't mean much for Verizon or Sprint. The radios are different, not GSM, and must be provided by the carrier.

Posted via Android Central App

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I went from a DNA to a One. Things I like better about the One; The case is awesome. Display - it's smaller. Sound is better, The whole thing is a bit smaller - enough to matter. Battery seems better for whatever reason. Performance may be slightly better. More accessories. Better about the DNA; Wireless charging. Better control buttons. Rear notification light But in terms of actual usability? Not a lot different. Selling the DNA. I like the One enough to keep it.