Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By stkorn97
  • 2 Post By lou61166
  • 1 Post By stkorn97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Switch?

    I consider myself a Techie and want the latest and greatest. I got a free droid dna in April and have been looking at the HTC one. I'm eligible to upgrade. Should I pay to upgrade or just stay with the dna? Any big differences? I put this in the one forum but no one previously owned the one. Thanks!

    Sent from my Droid DNA
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Switch?

    Do you need front facing speakers, Sense 5 without rooting and a smaller screen? If yes, then the one might be for you. I personally wouldnt swap my DNA for the ONE as its just not a big enough of an upgrade overall. Its a really nice phone no doubt, but coming from a DNA, just doesnt seem to be nice enough to throw the DNA aside. Any other phone on Verizon, I would for sure go for the ONE.
    HTC One of the Red variety
    Nexus 7 2013
    Droid DNA
    Droid Incredible (MP3 Player)
    AZDROIDX likes this.
  3. #3  
    bespinct's Avatar

    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

    Default Re: Switch?

    If you really want the latest and greatest, I would probably hold off a bit. The One is definitely a great device, but is already nearly six months old. Personally, I would wait until the next big thing and assuming that VZW is a launch day carrier, get it on launch day.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Switch?

    Check out the LG G2 which should be available sometime in September

    Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk
    TebTeb and pblakk like this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Switch?

    I see you posted this question in the general HTC One forum. Being that the DNA was Verizon exclusive, you might get more responses from the Verizon HTC One specific forum.
    Better chance that someone with a new One came from a DNA.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ewing33855 View Post
    I consider myself a Techie and want the latest and greatest. I got a free droid dna in April and have been looking at the HTC one. I'm eligible to upgrade. Should I pay to upgrade or just stay with the dna? Any big differences? I put this in the one forum but no one previously owned the one. Thanks!

    Sent from my Droid DNA
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Switch?

    I going to wait and see if the one max come to verizon. Should be a better upgrade.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Switch?

    I would WAY rather wait for the DNA 2 or dlx plus, if that's ever coming to the States.

    from my DNA
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Switch?

    Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    I would WAY rather wait for the DNA 2 or dlx plus, if that's ever coming to the States.

    from my DNA

    this is my plan, I am really hoping for another butterfly/dna to come over here. Butterfly S is my perfect smartphone. I would buy it in a second if it showed up here.
    HTC One of the Red variety
    Nexus 7 2013
    Droid DNA
    Droid Incredible (MP3 Player)
    pblakk likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Switch?

    Quote Originally Posted by stkorn97 View Post
    this is my plan, I am really hoping for another butterfly/dna to come over here. Butterfly S is my perfect smartphone. I would buy it in a second if it showed up here.
    yep. I'm really fine with the DNA as is, with stock OS even. After messing around a bit with Sense 5 on the One at the ATT store, I really didn't like it actually.. i found it annoying to say the least. especially the phone app. I can't go to a smaller screen at this point anyway. but I will say that the One screen is definitely brighter than the DNA screen. Is it just me or is the DNA still sharper??

    from my DNA
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Switch?

    Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    yep. I'm really fine with the DNA as is, with stock OS even. After messing around a bit with Sense 5 on the One at the ATT store, I really didn't like it actually.. i found it annoying to say the least. especially the phone app. I can't go to a smaller screen at this point anyway. but I will say that the One screen is definitely brighter than the DNA screen. Is it just me or is the DNA still sharper??

    from my DNA
    I preferred the DNA screen, something about seemed cleaner. The One still looked amazing in its own right of course. Both are amazing phones, 2 best phones on Verizon IMO
    HTC One of the Red variety
    Nexus 7 2013
    Droid DNA
    Droid Incredible (MP3 Player)
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Switch?

    Love the DNA but would not go back after owning the One.

    Screen size difference is negligible
    Resolution is the same (if not better on the One)
    Speakers night and day difference
    Battery significantly better
    16 additional GB takes care of any memory issues
    One handed operation easier
    Infrared is just friggin cool
    Camera is better
    Snapdragon 600....smooth as butter
    Aluminum chassis....
    Accessories galore and more everyday

    What I miss about the DNA....wireless charging. Yet it's not nearly enough to make me go back.
    That being said, if the One did not exist I would still own a DNA...it still that good!
    If a Butterfly S were to make it here I would have a very difficult decision to make.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Switch?

    I am going to wait and see what the Nexus 5 looks like. An LTE phone that for $300 outright is attractive to me. If it is based on the G2 it could be very nice.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Switch?

    There will certainly be a Nexus5 or whatever they decide to call it. The big question is whether Verizon will carry it. Similar to the Butterfly dilemma.....


    Quote Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
    I am going to wait and see what the Nexus 5 looks like. An LTE phone that for $300 outright is attractive to me. If it is based on the G2 it could be very nice.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Switch?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    There will certainly be a Nexus5 or whatever they decide to call it. The big question is whether Verizon will carry it. Similar to the Butterfly dilemma.....
    Does Verizon have to carry it? I always assumed a Nexus phone would be provider unlocked.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Switch?

    Doesn't it have something to do with GSM vs. CDMA? Wasn't the N4 GSM only? I don't think unlocking a phone makes a difference here. Definitely not my area of expertise.
    Also, I was under the impression that Google was done with Verizon and would not be providing them with any more Nexus phones.

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
    Does Verizon have to carry it? I always assumed a Nexus phone would be provider unlocked.
  16. #16  
    bespinct's Avatar

    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

    Default Re: Switch?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
    Does Verizon have to carry it? I always assumed a Nexus phone would be provider unlocked.
    Provider unlocked doesn't mean much for Verizon or Sprint. The radios are different, not GSM, and must be provided by the carrier.

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Switch?

    I went from a DNA to a One. Things I like better about the One; The case is awesome. Display - it's smaller. Sound is better, The whole thing is a bit smaller - enough to matter. Battery seems better for whatever reason. Performance may be slightly better. More accessories. Better about the DNA; Wireless charging. Better control buttons. Rear notification light But in terms of actual usability? Not a lot different. Selling the DNA. I like the One enough to keep it.

Similar Threads

  1. Wifi Calling Question - Worth Switching for?
    By TBoltJ in forum T-Mobile HTC One
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 01:03 AM
  2. Switching from iPhone 5 to HTC Google Edition..few questions
    By Chad H in forum HTC One Google Edition
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 01:43 PM
  3. Switch?
    By Ewing33855 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 09:57 PM
  4. How to switch S4 ui to S3 ui?
    By astralis in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 03:55 PM
  5. Thinking of switching from my nexus 4 to the moto x.
    By xxjmontxx in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 10:00 AM

Posting Permissions