Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By stkorn97
  • 2 Post By lou61166
  • 1 Post By stkorn97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switch?

I consider myself a Techie and want the latest and greatest. I got a free droid dna in April and have been looking at the HTC one. I'm eligible to upgrade. Should I pay to upgrade or just stay with the dna? Any big differences? I put this in the one forum but no one previously owned the one. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid DNA

Default Re: Switch?

Do you need front facing speakers, Sense 5 without rooting and a smaller screen? If yes, then the one might be for you. I personally wouldnt swap my DNA for the ONE as its just not a big enough of an upgrade overall. Its a really nice phone no doubt, but coming from a DNA, just doesnt seem to be nice enough to throw the DNA aside. Any other phone on Verizon, I would for sure go for the ONE.
    HTC One of the Red variety
    Nexus 7 2013
    Droid DNA
    Droid Incredible (MP3 Player)
    AZDROIDX likes this.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

If you really want the latest and greatest, I would probably hold off a bit. The One is definitely a great device, but is already nearly six months old. Personally, I would wait until the next big thing and assuming that VZW is a launch day carrier, get it on launch day.

Check out the LG G2 which should be available sometime in September

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk
    TebTeb and pblakk like this.

I see you posted this question in the general HTC One forum. Being that the DNA was Verizon exclusive, you might get more responses from the Verizon HTC One specific forum.
    Better chance that someone with a new One came from a DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewing33855 View Post
    I consider myself a Techie and want the latest and greatest. I got a free droid dna in April and have been looking at the HTC one. I'm eligible to upgrade. Should I pay to upgrade or just stay with the dna? Any big differences? I put this in the one forum but no one previously owned the one. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid DNA
    Thanked by:

I going to wait and see if the one max come to verizon. Should be a better upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

I would WAY rather wait for the DNA 2 or dlx plus, if that's ever coming to the States.

from my DNA

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    I would WAY rather wait for the DNA 2 or dlx plus, if that's ever coming to the States.

from my DNA

this is my plan, I am really hoping for another butterfly/dna to come over here. Butterfly S is my perfect smartphone. I would buy it in a second if it showed up here.
    Nexus 7 2013
    Droid DNA
    pblakk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stkorn97 View Post
    this is my plan, I am really hoping for another butterfly/dna to come over here. Butterfly S is my perfect smartphone. I would buy it in a second if it showed up here.
    yep. I'm really fine with the DNA as is, with stock OS even. After messing around a bit with Sense 5 on the One at the ATT store, I really didn't like it actually.. i found it annoying to say the least. especially the phone app. I can't go to a smaller screen at this point anyway. but I will say that the One screen is definitely brighter than the DNA screen. Is it just me or is the DNA still sharper??

from my DNA

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    yep. I'm really fine with the DNA as is, with stock OS even. After messing around a bit with Sense 5 on the One at the ATT store, I really didn't like it actually.. i found it annoying to say the least. especially the phone app. I can't go to a smaller screen at this point anyway. but I will say that the One screen is definitely brighter than the DNA screen. Is it just me or is the DNA still sharper??

from my DNA
    I preferred the DNA screen, something about seemed cleaner. The One still looked amazing in its own right of course. Both are amazing phones, 2 best phones on Verizon IMO
    Nexus 7 2013
    Droid DNA

Love the DNA but would not go back after owning the One.

Screen size difference is negligible
    Resolution is the same (if not better on the One)
    Speakers night and day difference
    Battery significantly better
    16 additional GB takes care of any memory issues
    One handed operation easier
    Infrared is just friggin cool
    Camera is better
    Snapdragon 600....smooth as butter
    Aluminum chassis....
    Accessories galore and more everyday

What I miss about the DNA....wireless charging. Yet it's not nearly enough to make me go back.
    That being said, if the One did not exist I would still own a DNA...it still that good!
    If a Butterfly S were to make it here I would have a very difficult decision to make.

I am going to wait and see what the Nexus 5 looks like. An LTE phone that for $300 outright is attractive to me. If it is based on the G2 it could be very nice.

There will certainly be a Nexus5 or whatever they decide to call it. The big question is whether Verizon will carry it. Similar to the Butterfly dilemma.....

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
    I am going to wait and see what the Nexus 5 looks like. An LTE phone that for $300 outright is attractive to me. If it is based on the G2 it could be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    There will certainly be a Nexus5 or whatever they decide to call it. The big question is whether Verizon will carry it. Similar to the Butterfly dilemma.....
    Does Verizon have to carry it? I always assumed a Nexus phone would be provider unlocked.

Doesn't it have something to do with GSM vs. CDMA? Wasn't the N4 GSM only? I don't think unlocking a phone makes a difference here. Definitely not my area of expertise.
    Also, I was under the impression that Google was done with Verizon and would not be providing them with any more Nexus phones.

Does Verizon have to carry it? I always assumed a Nexus phone would be provider unlocked.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Provider unlocked doesn't mean much for Verizon or Sprint. The radios are different, not GSM, and must be provided by the carrier.

Posted via Android Central App

I went from a DNA to a One. Things I like better about the One; The case is awesome. Display - it's smaller. Sound is better, The whole thing is a bit smaller - enough to matter. Battery seems better for whatever reason. Performance may be slightly better. More accessories. Better about the DNA; Wireless charging. Better control buttons. Rear notification light But in terms of actual usability? Not a lot different. Selling the DNA. I like the One enough to keep it.