DNA Sense 5 Update listed as coming soon on VZW site!

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I told myself as soon as I get antsy and purchase another handset, it will show up and sure nuff', here it is.... but i'm glad either way, because if it really improves my DNA I may do a return. I really like the DNA

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow, to think that this actually might happen in September! And if it's 4.3, as promised, then HTC will officially prove to me that they are trying to improve their image and make a comeback. They made many mistakes in the past, some very recent, but this is just awesome. Hope it comes true within a week or two.

Posted via Android Central App

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
It is about time. I was getting bored enough with Sense 4.0+, which has some serious lag issues when it comes to the contacts in the "messages" app. I have a sneaking suspicion it is related to it syncing people's Facebook profile pictures with their contacts in the app, but nonetheless it is quite irritating.

I hear that Sense 5.0 is quite a bit snappier and less . . . fluffy.

jsting76

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Nice! Looking forward to the update. Also, looks like Verizon didn't discontinue the Droid DNA. It is back on Verizon's site for sale.

Posted via Android Central App

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
About time. My bet is Tuesday. The previous OTA update for the DNA and my previous phones on Verizon got pushed on Tuesdays.
My guess is Mondays have higher cell traffic.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Checking for updates has caused my DNA to act weird lately.
SIM issues and what not
Hope this helps
;)

That sucks for you. I have been checking for updates a couple of times a day for a month or so and my DNA has no sim issues or funky running problems.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I turned on my DNA and hit the check update and it did the weird thing that phones usually do when something is imminent. It kept checking and checking and checking until the checking notification disappeared. I did it three times to confirm. Typically when I hit that button it takes about five seconds to come back and say "no update available". So I hope that means that it will drop asap, even by Tuesday as someone suggested.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I turned on my DNA and hit the check update and it did the weird thing that phones usually do when something is imminent. It kept checking and checking and checking until the checking notification disappeared. I did it three times to confirm. Typically when I hit that button it takes about five seconds to come back and say "no update available". So I hope that means that it will drop asap, even by Tuesday as someone suggested.

That is better than what I am getting at the moment. I am still in the boat that says "No update available" after about 5 seconds.

fingercuffs

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Mine is doing the same thing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4