Upgrade to htc one

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Amazon and best buy offering htc one for 49.99 on new contract and upgrades. Should I upgrade from dna? Was going to wait for a nice phone with snapdragon 800 but that is a good price.

Posted via Android Central App

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Amazon and best buy offering htc one for 49.99 on new contract and upgrades. Should I upgrade from dna? Was going to wait for a nice phone with snapdragon 800 but that is a good price.

I wouldn't. It'll be mighty hard to justify it, given that Sense 5 is imminent for the DNA, which should make it just like the HTC One, just without Zoes and Boom Sound. Those two things aren't worth a new 2 year contract. Just wait for something better and more future proof.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Agreed - you won't be gaining much with the HTC One from the DNA. The biggest thing would be a more premium build, but the other upgrades (speakers, storage, size) would depend on your needs. If your DNA is giving you issues, or you can't deal with 16GB, or something like that, then sure, $50 is a great price.

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't. It'll be mighty hard to justify it, given that Sense 5 is imminent for the DNA, which should make it just like the HTC One, just without Zoes and Boom Sound. Those two things aren't worth a new 2 year contract. Just wait for something better and more future proof.

Yeah but I prob could sell dna with a few cases and wireless charger plus htc one and make enough to buy next phone outright if i wanted. Running newts sense 5 rom now. Boom sound, 32gb and nicer phone make it tempting to me. Tough one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but I prob could sell dna with a few cases and wireless charger plus htc one and make enough to buy next phone outright if i wanted. Running newts sense 5 rom now. Boom sound, 32gb and nicer phone make it tempting to me. Tough one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah, I'm using the same ROM and the 16GB annoys me because I have to manage my backups before flashing since I don't have enough space, and cupping the speaker on phones is getting old. But in the end, I just went with a Maxx because I'd rather get something new-new since my DNA is just running the HTC One software.

I couldn't justify buying the HTC One on launch for $199, and said I'd pick it up once it hits $50, just to support HTC. Just didn't expect it to be available for $50 so soon, not to mention in blue. So now I'm waiting for it to hit $1... just too soon to use up another upgrade for a fun phone.

Like I said, if you will benefit from the additions of the One, go ahead and pick it up, and sell your DNA. I can see the DNA lasting for a while due to the developer community behind it, and decent specs. The HTC One will last even longer due to updated hardware, and hopefully it gets cracked as well so the developers are able to support it more easily.

mr.wiggly

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I actually like the feel of the dna over the one not much of a cell photographer i have a regular camera for that and boom sound is ok but i usually use headphones

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Made the switch to the One when it was released. Came from a beloved DNA and glad to have made the change.
Love the DNA, it is a remarkable phone; The One is simply the next step in the HTC evolution.
The aesthetics, build, storage, battery life and speakers alone are enough to make the change.
The One's screen is smaller but negligible, at the same time this gives you a pixel density of 468ppi vs. 441.
The One's Snapdragon 600 at 1700 MHz is "snappier" than the DNA Snapdragon S4 at 1500 MHz.

On the other hand I miss the inductive charging but had to return one DNA due to overheating while using this feature.

Overall the One is simply better, marginally perhaps; just like the next HTC release will be better than the One.
If you are in a position to make the switch I would encourage it but with the understanding that the DNA does pretty much everything the One does....and the Samsung S3 does more or less what the S4 does, the MotoX does what the Razr Maxx does.....and so on.
I make this point because most new releases barely trump what currently exist and that's probably the cycle that smart phones are on. Do any of us really utilize the full capabilities of what exists today, yesterday or better yet, tomorrow?
The smart phone manufacturers know that we are suckers for the next thing, regardless of how significant or insignificant the differences may be.
Look at Apple, they just released a cheap plastic version of their iPhone 5 and people lined up for it.....go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22