- 36 Posts
voice stops in car
I have had this issue for a few years. I had a HTC Thunderbolt, now a DNA. when i go into my car and it connects to the car through bluetooth, several functions dont work. If i use heytell and get a message, I wont be able to hear it. it will play, but sound doesn't come though car speakers or phone. Likewise, i cannot use voice functions such as when I text, voice command wont work.
It did this on both phones, and in different cars (both Lexuses). if i really want to hear a message, I have to turn bluetooth off, then it will come through the phone.
any ideas why this would happen?
- 09-24-2013, 05:11 AM #2
- 25 Posts
Re: voice stops in car
This is a 'common issue' according to Verizon quoting HTC. I have had continued problems with this over a few phones, four headsets and my car.BT. They keep promising that a software fix is in the works, but whenever I ask, they say "a few more weeks." Talked to Verizon and HTC both blame the other for delays. Verizon tech2 rep even mentioned other techs he knew got rid of their DNAs because of this..
I was promised a different phone if nothing could be done and when I finally gave up and asked to swap out, they would only do a Note 2 or S3, not the S4, one or G2 promised. I'm fairly upset over this and have been using the wired headset to be able to use the functions broken by BT. Pretty bad solution as it keeps wrapping in my steering wheel...
If you can get a different phone, swap out. This is still a 'beyond great' phone, but I use BT most of the day, so this is severely disabling for me.
- By fit4ever#AC in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 9Last Post: 09-25-2013, 04:37 PM
- By Ahmedshamy in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 09-25-2013, 11:52 AM
- By dassadys in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 09-23-2013, 01:07 PM
- By rafiq92 in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2013, 12:22 PM
- By thymeless in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 09-23-2013, 11:37 AM