Droid DNA keeps going into Dock/Car mode

goodwill295

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone is going through the same troubles as me with my phone. Periodically, last night, my phone kept going into Dock mode like this:
screenshot_2013-10-06-22-52-54.png

And it wouldn't charge at all.

Later that night I noticed that i could put my phone into landscape mode while at the home screen and lock screen, which I've never been able to do before.
screenshot_2013-10-07-00-18-11.png

Lock Screen
screenshot_2013-10-07-00-32-50.png

And then right before I went to bed last night, my phone went into car mode and wouldn't charge...
screenshot_2013-10-07-08-36-06.png

Has this happened to anyone else? This all happened before and after I updated to the newest firmware.

Jrocker23

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Does it happen only when you try to charge it? If yes, then either the pins got messed up on the cord you use or the charging port on your phone is defective..

Sent From My HTC One On Verizon...

zbradley19

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I ran into the same issue... contacted HTC about it and they had me run through the following steps... everything is back to normal at this point as far as I can tell

Please perform a wipe cache partition, see steps below:

Make sure that Fastboot is not checked, in order for you to see this information, please go to Settings>Power>Fastboot

?With the phone turn off
?Please, Press and Hold Volume Down while your device is off
?Briefly tap the Power button until Hboot appears.(White screen with three android characters)
?Please, Tap Volume Down to highlight recovery
?Tap the Power button
?When you see a screen with a red triangle and an exclamation point hold Volume Up
?Please, Tap Power this will bring up the hidden recovery menu
?Tap Volume Down to highlight "Wipe cache Partition" (make sure to highlight this option)
?Please, Tap power to begin this process

JLO1976

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Did you ever fix the problem with your phone? Mine just started doing the same thing a couple of days ago. It's driving me nuts because it is even interfering with my calls. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! =)

Jonathan Mangrum

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Fix USB host mode

She told me that the charging mode may need to be reset and gave the following instructions.

1. Turn phone OFF
2. Let charge for AT LEAST 10mins even if it doesn't look like it's charging (mine DID show the new charging animation)
3. Press and hold POWER + VOL UP + VOL DOWN for AT LEAST 2mins. Anything less will not reset the charge mode.
4. After 2mins release the buttons and the phone should boot as normal.

My phone is now charging normally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo