1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

Default Rooting causes weaker signal and call quality problems.

No matter what verizon phone I have and I've had a lot of them . original droid, Samsung fascinate, droid x, binoc, Droid charge, droid incredible 2,lg spectrum, htc rezound, Samsung galaxy s3, galaxy nexus, droid dna.

When I root them the signal goes to crap and my call quality drops. Anywhere from clicking noises while on a phone call, to the other person Breaking up really bad. To just having weaker 4G then stock. So what am I missing? I've tried stock roms, and custom roms, kernels, radio flashing. Can anyone help me?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

Default Re: Rooting causes weaker signal and call quality problems.

Rooting will not affect you signal or your call quality.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk 4
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Unless they flashed a different a radio. But you are correct just rooting a device doesn't affect the radio or call quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by enik View Post
    Rooting will not affect you signal or your call quality.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk 4

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

It is really odd if you have flashed all types of ROMs, on each of those devices, and have call quality issues on every one of them. Signal meter may not always be represented correctly in the status bar on ROMs, but the actual dBm value ought to be correct.

Some AOSP ROMs may have early bugs related to call quality.

If you have flashed both Stock-based and AOSP-based ROMs on all of those devices, and are still having issues with your call quality, then try just using the phone without any modifications and see. It's unlikely that all ROMs on all those devices have the same exact issue for you, unless that issue has been reported by other users.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

Quote Originally Posted by raichur0xx0rz View Post
    It is really odd if you have flashed all types of ROMs, on each of those devices, and have call quality issues on every one of them. Signal meter may not always be represented correctly in the status bar on ROMs, but the actual dBm value ought to be correct.

Some AOSP ROMs may have early bugs related to call quality.

If you have flashed both Stock-based and AOSP-based ROMs on all of those devices, and are still having issues with your call quality, then try just using the phone without any modifications and see. It's unlikely that all ROMs on all those devices have the same exact issue for you, unless that issue has been reported by other users.
    When I don't root and flash a ROM. I don't have the problems. For example, when I rooted and flashed newts ROM nos m7 no matter what version. I have call quality issues and weak lte. Flash a ROM with a different kernel from Joels 4.2.2 ROM. Lte is better but still get call quality issues. So something is up. Talked to a co worker also on Verizon yesterday and he said he also noticed whenever he rooted and flashed a ROM that signal wasn't as good. Idk every now and then I'll see someone else post something about it in some ROM thread's. Just everyone ignores them.

I'm just at the point where I'm going to leave verizon soon for the next Nexus. Wish I could figure out what's going on. Guess I'll go back to stock for now.

Posted via Android Central App