Droid DNA update = crappy GPS?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if you guys are having any GPS issues with the new DNA update.. My GPS started acting up after the update, so I have to assume it's related. Like every five minutes, it tells me the GPS signal was lost--in the heart of my suburban city that I've never had GPS problems in.

Speaking of annoying GPS issues, is there any way to set the default "from" location to "current GPS location"? Instead of automatically calculating where I am, it either shows my home location (if I'm a few blocks within my home), or wherever I was a few minutes ago without updating my current location. So when I try to select a route, it can only show me a "preview". Which mean I have to fiddle around with it to change the current location. Incredibly annoying--not to mention dangerous--when I'm driving. Using the GPS on my phone should only require a voice command, and a tap of a button. Not a billion configuration settings.

I'm not a fan of the new maps app--or any of the recent updates to Google apps. I haven't updated my gmail app because I've heard they introduced ads. Along with whatever update glitched my GPS, I'm sticking to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" motto and not updating my apps until I need to :p.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't accepted the update yet, so I'm not sure if it affects the gps, and I'm not sure about changing it to "current gps location". Mine has always shown my current gps location, and I use it 5-20 times a week. Under Settings/Location setting, I have checked Standalone, Google, and Location & Google checked, so maybe that has something to do with it (unless you also have those 3 checked, in which case I really have no idea). However, I can help you with the new Maps app which I don't like either. Just go into settings/apps/maps and uninstall updates. You'll then get the standalone Navigation app back, and I'm with you: I'm not updating apps that work great unless I absolutely have to as well.