Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there anything better???

I've had the DNA since release. I've still got my original phone and haven't had a single problem (other than the plastic piece breaking off that covers the charging port). I've been due for an upgrade since August and I've been playing around with all the new phones, and I can't find a single one that is worth swapping phones. I recently had to dump all my photos/videos to my PC from my phone b/c I had maxed out memory, but now that I've done that I've got plenty left. I've looked at the HTC One, and I really like the frontfacing speakers, but I love the wireless charging of the DNA.

I'd have a hard time upgrading to any phone that didn't have the wireless charging at this point, unless it had significantly better specs. I've got a charger on my bedside and my desk at work, and it's just so easy to throw it on the pad and keep it charged all day long.

If only they'd come out with a wireless car charger!!

Any thoughts on what might be a better option or what might come in the future?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Is there anything better???

Quote Originally Posted by italiiano View Post
    I've had the DNA since release. I've still got my original phone and haven't had a single problem (other than the plastic piece breaking off that covers the charging port). I've been due for an upgrade since August and I've been playing around with all the new phones, and I can't find a single one that is worth swapping phones. I recently had to dump all my photos/videos to my PC from my phone b/c I had maxed out memory, but now that I've done that I've got plenty left. I've looked at the HTC One, and I really like the frontfacing speakers, but I love the wireless charging of the DNA.

I'd have a hard time upgrading to any phone that didn't have the wireless charging at this point, unless it had significantly better specs. I've got a charger on my bedside and my desk at work, and it's just so easy to throw it on the pad and keep it charged all day long.

If only they'd come out with a wireless car charger!!

Any thoughts on what might be a better option or what might come in the future?
    There are quite a few phones better than the DNA. Just wondering why wireless charging is so important to you? It charges significantly slower than when plugged in.
    Since you're used to the Sense UI the logical choice would be to go for the One but it has no wireless charging. The Butterfly S would also be good since it has a way larger battery and better processor and also has the same camera as the One. Not sure about wireless charging though.
    The G2 would also be worth looking into if you don't mind the LG UI

I wonder if the butterfly s will really make it to Verizon

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    I wonder if the butterfly s will really make it to Verizon

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Didn't realize it wasn't on Verizon, sorry OP

I also love my DNA I just ordered the G2 to replace my rezound on my other line

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Lou, let us know how it compares to the DNA... after posting this yesterday I did a little reading on the G2 and it looks pretty sick