1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DNA turns off with partially charged battery

My DNA is only 9 months old. For the past few days, it has started turning itself off at random times. Sometimes the battery is almost fully charged, and other times, the battery may only have one-quarter of a charge remaining. It usually turns off when I press the power button, but it has also turned off at other times, such as right after I swipe my security pattern, or when I turn the phone horizontally. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Sometimes the phone will go all day on a charge without ever turning off. Other days, it shuts off when the battery has barely been used.

I suspect it's the battery, because within a couple of minutes of plugging the phone in to the charger, I am able to turn it on once again. The guy at the Verizon store seemed clueless. Has anyone else here had a similar problem? Not sure where to go from here.

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

Default Re: DNA turns off with partially charged battery

it happened to me several times right after that last little update. i did a power off/reboot, twice, and all went back to normal. i would suspect that the update didn't quite install properly, but hard reboot solved the problem.