Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Default Re: Droid DNA update

Quote Originally Posted by 1dtb View Post
    what is it doing now?

- - - Updated - - -

what do you think?
    I turned on BlinkFeed, not sure what I thing about that yet. My photos are constantly being uploaded to "Cloud Drive"...not sure what that's about. All my app shortcuts are gone from my home screens. I see some new looking features. Different icons, nicer calendar, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jobjohnny View Post
    I turned on BlinkFeed, not sure what I thing about that yet. My photos are constantly being uploaded to "Cloud Drive"...not sure what that's about. All my app shortcuts are gone from my home screens. I see some new looking features. Different icons, nicer calendar, etc.
    If you switch back to the traditional home page, all of your app shorts should come back. I am going to give blinkfeed a chance.
    Thanked by:

Ok, I miss the ability to add another screen. I'm ready to try some things out and I'm stuck with only 5 screens. Also the feature when you hit home twice and can jump to any screen is gone.

Edit - ok found the add a panel option.
    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Navigation came back, and, teeter disappeared with the update

Love it! Using nova launcher with BlinkFeed. The updated apps are very welcome.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4

Anyone have any luck getting the Google+ user locator widget working? Mine is stuck on loading.

Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    If you switch back to the traditional home page, all of your app shorts should come back. I am going to give blinkfeed a chance.
    Cool, thanks!

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts

I am going to mash the crap out of the check for new updates button.

Edit: That didn't take long. Second mash and the update came.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Thanked by:
    pwrmkr 

After the update, is anyone else factory resetting their DNA? I read that doing that makes updates like these run smoother

I'm gonna give it a few days and see how it works. If it seems that somethings are having problems, I'll reset.

Quote Originally Posted by dasaucemasta View Post
    After the update, is anyone else factory resetting their DNA? I read that doing that makes updates like these run smoother

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_S View Post
    Anyone have any luck getting the Google+ user locator widget working? Mine is stuck on loading.

mine is stuck on loading, too. It does not appear to work.

Same problem here

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doctorg23 View Post
    Can you see if you actually lost data for downloading over the network? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Will this use our data plan? I thought OTA updates didn't use your data plan???

Can you see if you actually lost data for downloading over the network? Thanks.
    I checked and I do not see it on my Verizon app as being used. HOWEVER, it may take 24 hours to update on the app, so I would wait until you on a Wifi network unless you have a spare couple of gigs laying around to make sure you can get through the rest of the month.

One great thing about this update is that after I installed it I wound up resetting it because I wanted to start fresh. Previous bloatware such a reign of amira is still installed, but it only takes up 4 kb of memory instead of the large amount that it used to take (forget the exact amount).

Updated. Everything good except text message bubbles suck. Can't read mine with custom background. And text laaaaag before sending. Also can't turn my Swype on.

ok..customary question...do you loose root after this update?

Quote Originally Posted by TrajDroid View Post
    Updated. Everything good except text message bubbles suck. Can't read mine with custom background. And text laaaaag before sending. Also can't turn my Swype on.
    Mine defaulted back to the Sense keyboard after the update but I was able to reselect my Swype keyboard.

Sent from my Highly Technically Capable DNA

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KSDroid01 View Post
    Mine defaulted back to the Sense keyboard after the update but I was able to reselect my Swype keyboard.

Sent from my Highly Technically Capable DNA
    Yeah, mine also defaulted back to the Sense keyboard upon update. All I had to do to start Swiftkey was to click the Swiftkey app button and it automatically prompted me to change the keyboard back to Swiftkey.

So far, a day later, Sense 5 seems to be working very well on my DNA.

I love this! It's like having a brand new phone!!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorg23 View Post
    I love this! It's like having a brand new phone!!
    I just said the exact same thing to my wife. I think the novelty of Blink Feed will wear off, but it's a great way to mix it up from time to time.

I got my update overnight. The phone is a lot faster, I must say. I like the update a lot so far. And I like blinkfeed. It feels like a new phone!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

I might be the only person in this country who never rooted or did anything of the kind and yet still can't update to Sense 5. I'm stuck on the preliminary update, that 14mb one. I did everything, including a factory reset, but every time I try to update to Sense 5, the phone starts updating than aborts and leaves me in the stock recovery, saying something about a failed assert and that the update was aborted. I feel so frustrated that I can't even enjoy Sense 5. Searched everywhere but nobody seems to have had this issue.

I wish I could help, but I've never seen this issue before. I'd probably contact HTC and Verizon and ask them for help. Good luck.

I had a hell of a time getting my update to work right. I kept restarting and powering down and it eventually worked. It was a little frustrating but It worked and now I am loving my free Verizon phone!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Got mine yesterday (Friday 12/6) no problem.

Still getting used to Sense 5 and Android 4.2.2

Not sure I like how the lockscreen support is implemented, was used to using the Dash Clock Widget on my Nexus 7. Definitely prefer that to what HTC is offering here.

I also notice that while using my DNA it is as fast or faster than before ... the battery life is far worse!

Battery is draining much, MUCH faster than it did on 4.1.1 ... anyone else seeing this ???
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast