Third party keyboard apps

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Who is using what? Are they even necessary?
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Many choices including kii, swiftkey, Google, thumb and many others. I use Google and love it but I'd suggest loading and trying a few to see what you like

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Who is using what? Are they even necessary?
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

My 1st Android was a Droid X , then X2 (refurb), Droid Inc 2 (refurb), a Samsung GS3. I also have the Nexus 7 32G.
I have tried each most the stock keyboard, Skype, SwiftKey, A.I., SlideIT , Thumb Keyboard, and a few others I forget.
Simply if you want option more than the newest stock versions you have to make a choice. My opinion is SwiftKey is a stellar option. The paid version goes on sale so frequently you use the free until it goes on sale. Each keyboard has its own tricks. SwiftKey let's you use it just like a normal keyboard or you can enhance the layout or shrink the keyboard or use Flow to be similar to Swype.

The most important is stick with the KNOWN reliable products. Wait I have to put on my aluminum foil hat. Whatever you type on your keyboard goes up into the clouds and a response comes back. Tinfoil hat thrown away. You can't go wrong with h most of the ones I named. Top 3 SwiftKey, Swype, Google Keyboard. Try free versions 1st then make a choice of what works for you not for me.

If you look at my screen shoots it shows the options SwiftKey has for just keyboard layouts. That is just 1 pieces of it without going into it's word predictions and so many more enhancements. But look and choose for yourself.

Good luck.
uploadfromtaptalk1385365377966.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1385365455761.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1385365631977.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
No, a 3rd party keyboard isn't "necessary", but SwiftKey is one of my top 5 apps that I have to have on every device I own. I've tried almost all of them, but for me, SwiftKey is easily the best.

KsilverFlagger

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone! I'm still getting used to a device with out a physical keyboard. (taking longer than I thought it would to adjust)
I appreciate all of your comments, and suggestions.
I'm happy to be back to the DNA after a brief stint with a galaxy s3.
Perhaps some day I will get brave enough to figure out rooting....

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you everyone! I'm still getting used to a device with out a physical keyboard. (taking longer than I thought it would to adjust)
I appreciate all of your comments, and suggestions.
I'm happy to be back to the DNA after a brief stint with a galaxy s3.
Perhaps some day I will get brave enough to figure out rooting....

+1 on SwiftKey and Touchpal X is a nice up and coming keyboard that has emojis built in.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey. I was big into the Google Keyboard and Minuum Keyboard, but overall the Swiftkey Keyboard has been the most reliable and quickest to type on. The Google Keyboard is top notch, though.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I love the look of Swiftkey but there something about that make me so inaccurate if I'm not swiping. I currently use the Google keyboard and for me it's at least twice as accurate. Sadly, even though it has a much smaller screen (obviously), I find that am MUCH faster txt'ing on my wife's iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87