1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation PSA - Before updating to 4.2.2, re-enable the default HTC Calendar app if you've disabled it

The default HTC calendar app stopped syncing for me a few months back, so I disabled it through the app settings, and downloaded the Google Calendar from the Play Store, which I have been using without issue.

Updated to 4.2.2 today and wanted to see if the default calendar would start syncing again. Lo and behold, it's still disabled and there is no longer an option to re-enable.

Anyone do anything similiarly stupid or have any suggestions (other than a factory reset)?

PSA - Before updating to 4.2.2, re-enable the default HTC Calendar app if you've disabled it-1kwdecq.jpg PSA - Before updating to 4.2.2, re-enable the default HTC Calendar app if you've disabled it-h4ii26n.jpg

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Default Re: PSA - Before updating to 4.2.2, re-enable the default HTC Calendar app if you've disabled it

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    The default HTC calendar app stopped syncing for me a few months back, so I disabled it through the app settings, and downloaded the Google Calendar from the Play Store, which I have been using without issue.

Updated to 4.2.2 today and wanted to see if the default calendar would start syncing again. Lo and behold, it's still disabled and there is no longer an option to re-enable.

Anyone do anything similiarly stupid or have any suggestions (other than a factory reset)?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1kwDecq.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	95575 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h4iI26N.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	95576
    No suggestions other than noting that the Google Calendar is better anyway.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: PSA - Before updating to 4.2.2, re-enable the default HTC Calendar app if you've disabled it

Quote Originally Posted by law2010 View Post
    No suggestions other than noting that the Google Calendar is better anyway.
    Haha, thanks. I heard the UI was updated so I wanted to check it out. Ah well.

I have the same situation. But since I use business calendar it isn't an issue. Google calendar syncs back 12 months.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4

I have the same issue: the 'Enable' button is missing. Weird and quite inconvenient