1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Default Strange Problem Updating?

So here is the story. I received the smaller update today, and everything updated successfully. Upon rebooting the phone, I was prompted to download the other update, the 500+ mb one with Sense 5. I downloaded it successfully, the phone reboot to install, and during the installation, it cuts off and goes to a red triangle with an exclamation mark (the stock recovery). I never rooted, ROM'd, unlocked the bootloader, etc.I did a Factory Reset from recovery, wiped the Cache, and tried to download and install the update again. The same thing keeps happening. I really don't want to have to return this phone to VZW, as I don't want another CLNR. Please, does anybody have any advice? Thanks!
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

Default Re: Strange Problem Updating?

I haven't received neither update and I'm getting pissed!!

Default Re: Strange Problem Updating?

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    So here is the story. I received the smaller update today, and everything updated successfully. Upon rebooting the phone, I was prompted to download the other update, the 500+ mb one with Sense 5. I downloaded it successfully, the phone reboot to install, and during the installation, it cuts off and goes to a red triangle with an exclamation mark (the stock recovery). I never rooted, ROM'd, unlocked the bootloader, etc.I did a Factory Reset from recovery, wiped the Cache, and tried to download and install the update again. The same thing keeps happening. I really don't want to have to return this phone to VZW, as I don't want another CLNR. Please, does anybody have any advice? Thanks!
    I just did the 14 sized one on my wife's phone. Says wait 30 minutes for second one to download. If it borks the phone she will kill me. I may just as it and not do update to 4.2 yet.

The funniest (not to me) is this DNA update brings it to the same system as my Galaxy S 3.

This DNA is less than a month old because her original Droid Inc 2 finally crashed and the closest they could send is a CLNR DNA and again in a month she has samd Android version as I do