Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: "10 attempts remain before device data is deleted"?

They should make it so that after 10 attempts you can't do ANYTHING with the phone until you click a link in your e-mail (not even BIOS). This would make stealing the phone useless and nothing too bad can happen by accident. What is the likelihood of someone stealing your phone and e-mail password at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by nanepiwo View Post
    Go to Settings > Security > Device Administrators and Unchecked Local Wipe Policy.
    THANK YOU!!
    I came here to search for a solution after my 3 year old factory reset my phone TWICE IN ONE MONTH. This was a horrible idea by Motorola or Android or whoever came up with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Preformer19 View Post
    Can this be turned off? Looked in security settings and found nothing. I know it's a kinda-useful feature and all, but I don't want someone purposely entering the wrong password just for the sake of deleting all the phone data.

Kind of annoying if you ask me.
    Pretty easy to turn it off.Just go to your setting, hit lock screen tab, then scroll down to where it says auto factory reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Preformer19 View Post
    Can this be turned off? Looked in security settings and found nothing. I know it's a kinda-useful feature and all, but I don't want someone purposely entering the wrong password just for the sake of deleting all the phone data.

Kind of annoying if you ask me.

There a workaround that I found to get rid of that annoying feature on the S5.
    Step 1: Register your fingerprint and alternative password.
    Step 2: Go to screen lock method and select whatever method you prefer. (You'll need to enter your fingerprint or password)
    Step 3: Go into settings and then Lock Screen and scroll to the bottom. There should now be an option that tells you the ten time erase. Uncheck the box next to it.
    And there you have it. Hope it works for you! Worked for my wife and I. We have a three year old so you can imagine how that feature could backfire on us.

Quote Originally Posted by TriciaHefner View Post
    THANK YOU!!
    I came here to search for a solution after my 3 year old factory reset my phone TWICE IN ONE MONTH. This was a horrible idea by Motorola or Android or whoever came up with it!
    So what happens if ten tries are incorrectly made? Does it just do nothing?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12