After Update questions

petiegwm

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
1) Is there a way to get the DNA to not stop when scrolling through home screens like before? It stops and you have to swipe back the other way?

2) When I had my phone charging beofre I could swipe down and see a confirm that it was charging. Now I have to go into settings and click battery to see if it's charging? Is there an easier way?

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
1) Is there a way to get the DNA to not stop when scrolling through home screens like before? It stops and you have to swipe back the other way?

2) When I had my phone charging beofre I could swipe down and see a confirm that it was charging. Now I have to go into settings and click battery to see if it's charging? Is there an easier way?
1) None that I'm aware of. Try a 3rd part launcher if you can't live without it.
2.) The battery icon at the top changes when you're charging (tiny lightening bolt overlay on the icon). You could also install an app that gives a notification (like GSam or the like).

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Since I've got several devices on different versions of Android, I thought I'd been mistaken that I'd been able to continuously scroll through my various home screens. Nice to know I wasn't hallucinating (at least about this subject :p )

KsilverFlagger

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure if this appropriate, but I have some questions of my own following what ever update my DNA got yesterday.
How do I tell which update it ran, and where do I look to see what version I am currently running?
What version should I be running?
Why did my 'iheartradio' icon disappear?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure if this appropriate, but I have some questions of my own following what ever update my DNA got yesterday.
How do I tell which update it ran, and where do I look to see what version I am currently running?
What version should I be running?
Why did my 'iheartradio' icon disappear?

Sure it's appropriate! Do you remember the size of the update you installed? how many MB? Even if you don't, go to Settings/About/Software Information. After the update, you should be on Android version 4.2.2, HTC Sense version 5.0, Software number 3.06.605.4. Take a look and see what your phone says. I got a smaller update first which prepared my phone for the the much larger update that followed. The larger update is what bumped me up to 4.2.2 and Sense 5 with blinkfeed. Let me know if you have any questions. I don't remember, but I think the Iheartradio app was an app that came pre-installed on the DNA, and I'm guessing it's no longer part of the software package on this version.

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
10 attempts or device data will be deleted. Is this normal for the lock screen?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, it is normal. I don't lock my phone (I know, I'm such a rebel), so I haven't even seen it, but plenty of other people seem to think it's a good thing since it protects your data from prying eyes and thieves.

bratt23

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed screen shots no longer go into all photos unless you have that folder showing in the gallery? Not happy about that!

Posted via Android Central App

criminoles08

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
10 attempts or device data will be deleted. Is this normal for the lock screen?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

I'm pretty worried about this feature. I cannot figure out how to disable it. In approximately 1 minute, just to be a jerk, anyone can wipe my phone clean with hardly any effort. Has anyone figured a way to remove this feature while still being able to lock the screen.

petiegwm

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Is there a "home" feature on the stock browser or chrome? New to chrome but on the stock one it used to be on the pull down menu in the upper right with the 3 verticle dots. I found in the settings how to change your home page so it must be somewhere.

KsilverFlagger

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Sure it's appropriate! Do you remember the size of the update you installed? how many MB? Even if you don't, go to Settings/About/Software Information. After the update, you should be on Android version 4.2.2, HTC Sense version 5.0, Software number 3.06.605.4. Take a look and see what your phone says. I got a smaller update first which prepared my phone for the the much larger update that followed. The larger update is what bumped me up to 4.2.2 and Sense 5 with blinkfeed. Let me know if you have any questions. I don't remember, but I think the Iheartradio app was an app that came pre-installed on the DNA, and I'm guessing it's no longer part of the software package on this version.
the update that came through only took about 30 minutes so it couldn't have been too big, my software update checker says I am up to date, so I guess I'm in good shape.
Screenshot_2013-12-13-10-16-24.jpg
Sadly, to me most of the information on that page is jiberish.
Thanks so much for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-13-10-16-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-13-10-16-24.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 37

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I just use Google hangouts for SMS. Works perfectly for me, and I love the clean interface.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084