Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After Update questions

1) Is there a way to get the DNA to not stop when scrolling through home screens like before? It stops and you have to swipe back the other way?

2) When I had my phone charging beofre I could swipe down and see a confirm that it was charging. Now I have to go into settings and click battery to see if it's charging? Is there an easier way?

Default Re: After Update questions

Quote Originally Posted by petiegwm View Post
    1) Is there a way to get the DNA to not stop when scrolling through home screens like before? It stops and you have to swipe back the other way?

2) When I had my phone charging beofre I could swipe down and see a confirm that it was charging. Now I have to go into settings and click battery to see if it's charging? Is there an easier way?
    1) None that I'm aware of. Try a 3rd part launcher if you can't live without it.
    2.) The battery icon at the top changes when you're charging (tiny lightening bolt overlay on the icon). You could also install an app that gives a notification (like GSam or the like).

Since I've got several devices on different versions of Android, I thought I'd been mistaken that I'd been able to continuously scroll through my various home screens. Nice to know I wasn't hallucinating (at least about this subject )
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Kind of strange that they would make an important feature obsolete.

Agreed. Annoying.

I'm sure if this appropriate, but I have some questions of my own following what ever update my DNA got yesterday.
    How do I tell which update it ran, and where do I look to see what version I am currently running?
    What version should I be running?
    Why did my 'iheartradio' icon disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by KsilverFlagger View Post
    I'm sure if this appropriate, but I have some questions of my own following what ever update my DNA got yesterday.
    How do I tell which update it ran, and where do I look to see what version I am currently running?
    What version should I be running?
    Why did my 'iheartradio' icon disappear?
    Sure it's appropriate! Do you remember the size of the update you installed? how many MB? Even if you don't, go to Settings/About/Software Information. After the update, you should be on Android version 4.2.2, HTC Sense version 5.0, Software number 3.06.605.4. Take a look and see what your phone says. I got a smaller update first which prepared my phone for the the much larger update that followed. The larger update is what bumped me up to 4.2.2 and Sense 5 with blinkfeed. Let me know if you have any questions. I don't remember, but I think the Iheartradio app was an app that came pre-installed on the DNA, and I'm guessing it's no longer part of the software package on this version.
    Thanked by:
    KsilverFlagger likes this.

10 attempts or device data will be deleted. Is this normal for the lock screen?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

From what I understand, it is normal. I don't lock my phone (I know, I'm such a rebel), so I haven't even seen it, but plenty of other people seem to think it's a good thing since it protects your data from prying eyes and thieves.

Has anyone noticed screen shots no longer go into all photos unless you have that folder showing in the gallery? Not happy about that!

Posted via Android Central App

delete

Quote Originally Posted by TrajDroid View Post
    10 attempts or device data will be deleted. Is this normal for the lock screen?

I'm pretty worried about this feature. I cannot figure out how to disable it. In approximately 1 minute, just to be a jerk, anyone can wipe my phone clean with hardly any effort. Has anyone figured a way to remove this feature while still being able to lock the screen.

Never even thought about that....good point. Damn....

My text messaging actions are INCREDIBLY slow now. Anyone else have this problem?

Yup super text lag

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I also get a slight hesitation right before it leaves the text input window...
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Is there a "home" feature on the stock browser or chrome? New to chrome but on the stock one it used to be on the pull down menu in the upper right with the 3 verticle dots. I found in the settings how to change your home page so it must be somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    Sure it's appropriate! Do you remember the size of the update you installed? how many MB? Even if you don't, go to Settings/About/Software Information. After the update, you should be on Android version 4.2.2, HTC Sense version 5.0, Software number 3.06.605.4. Take a look and see what your phone says. I got a smaller update first which prepared my phone for the the much larger update that followed. The larger update is what bumped me up to 4.2.2 and Sense 5 with blinkfeed. Let me know if you have any questions. I don't remember, but I think the Iheartradio app was an app that came pre-installed on the DNA, and I'm guessing it's no longer part of the software package on this version.
    the update that came through only took about 30 minutes so it couldn't have been too big, my software update checker says I am up to date, so I guess I'm in good shape.
    After Update questions-screenshot_2013-12-13-10-16-24.jpg
    Sadly, to me most of the information on that page is jiberish.
    Thanks so much for your help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After Update questions-screenshot_2013-12-13-10-16-24.jpg  

I have a ten second delay when trying to send a message. So frustrating!!

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

I just use Google hangouts for SMS. Works perfectly for me, and I love the clean interface.

Posted via Android Central App
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

I've found that delay useful from time to time (I tend to forget to look for evil autocorrects before I hit send)
    ~Katie~
    DROID DNA by HTC

Quote Originally Posted by criminoles08 View Post
    I'm pretty worried about this feature. I cannot figure out how to disable it. In approximately 1 minute, just to be a jerk, anyone can wipe my phone clean with hardly any effort. Has anyone figured a way to remove this feature while still being able to lock the screen.
    I take it this specific to Sense 5, not just a general Android 4.2 thing? I can't begin to fathom why anyone thought this would be a good idea; most people who own smartphones aren't tech-savvy, and I can easily see someone's data being completely wiped because some kid, vengeful friend, nosy sibling, or **** pocket got in the way. At the very least, we should be able to disable that feature. If a complete data wipe erases everything--including security/tracking apps, how is that the optimum solution?

Quote Originally Posted by jrwatson View Post
    I take it this specific to Sense 5, not just a general Android 4.2 thing? I can't begin to fathom why anyone thought this would be a good idea; most people who own smartphones aren't tech-savvy, and I can easily see someone's data being completely wiped because some kid, vengeful friend, nosy sibling, or **** pocket got in the way. At the very least, we should be able to disable that feature. If a complete data wipe erases everything--including security/tracking apps, how is that the optimum solution?
    I've spoken with Verizon reps who are clueless, and chatted with an HTC rep who could only say that it was implemented "to enhance security" and can't be disabled.

Sent from my Highly Technically Capable DNA

Thumbs down Re: After Update questions

Texting is horrible after the update!! Forget trying to send a picture or be part of a group text. I takes a full minute to open and respond to a group text.

Agreed texting is a mess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast