Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone says Incorrect charger?

I'm "between updates" ... meaning, I've gotten the first small 14MB one but not the big mama. Now, whenever I plug my phone into the charger, I get the little message and "!" icon on the notif bar telling me that charging with the charger I'm using will go very slowly, that I should use the one that came with the phone.

Um. This IS the one that came with the phone.

Yet my Oregon Scientific wireless charger generates no such message. Strange!

Default Re: Phone says Incorrect charger?

Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    I'm "between updates" ... meaning, I've gotten the first small 14MB one but not the big mama. Now, whenever I plug my phone into the charger, I get the little message and "!" icon on the notif bar telling me that charging with the charger I'm using will go very slowly, that I should use the one that came with the phone.

Um. This IS the one that came with the phone.

Yet my Oregon Scientific wireless charger generates no such message. Strange!
    I started experiencing this problem a few months ago. It is a hardware issue, not a software issue. It usually means the charger is not making good contact with the phone.

There are other threads about ways to bend the pins, etc, etc.

I've found that just tweaking the way the charger sits in the bottom of the phone. I even noticed when this happened recently that the USB portion of the charger had come loose from the actual plug portion of the charger. I pushed the USB cable back in tighter and voila all is well. Hope this helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by doctorg23 View Post
    I started experiencing this problem a few months ago. It is a hardware issue, not a software issue. It usually means the charger is not making good contact with the phone.

There are other threads about ways to bend the pins, etc, etc.

I've found that just tweaking the way the charger sits in the bottom of the phone. I even noticed when this happened recently that the USB portion of the charger had come loose from the actual plug portion of the charger. I pushed the USB cable back in tighter and voila all is well. Hope this helps.
    Very interesting! I'll give all those thoughts a shot - thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

I can second that. I stepped on the charger at work a few weeks ago, and bent the pins on the actual charger. I also got that slow charging notification afterwards. I plugged in the USB cable from my nexus 7 into the HTC AC Adapater, and everything is perfect now
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

My original charger started doing that a few months in, when I charged my phone on my bed. I think it's just a fragile charger. Since then, I've been using my Nexus 7 charger with my phone, and despite all the stress I put it through, it still works great.